Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2016 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Little man looks like he got the present.  =)
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Little man looks like he got the present.  =)
    I think he was more excited to open the box.. LOL 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • mwatts
    mwatts Posts: 122

Big thanks to @Biggreenpharmacist for the assortment. I've never heard or tried any of these. When I was opening the nicely wrapped package, my children thought I had received an early Christmas present because I was so excited. Thanks again and can't wait to try all the sauces and rubs. 
    Extra Large, Large, DigiQII, Thermapen, Adjustable Rig
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    @GATABITES I am glad that everything arrived safe and sound. Looks like the little one is excited as well. If it was me, I would put some of that sweet sauce on some baby backs. But the first thing is to dig some pretzels or or tortilla chips into that brown jar of mustard. I hope you enjoy them all. The chipotle sauce is killer on wings and one of my favs. Have a great 4th. 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • mwatts said:

Big thanks to @Biggreenpharmacist for the assortment. I've never heard or tried any of these. When I was opening the nicely wrapped package, my children thought I had received an early Christmas present because I was so excited. Thanks again and can't wait to try all the sauces and rubs. 
    After seeing all these other gifts I feel like a tightwad. I forgot the letter. I'll send you a PM about the ones I know much about. 

Little Rock, AR

• jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    I received a late afternoon delivery from UPS....thanks to Jeff @jabam 's kindness and generosity. What made this shipment so fantastic to me was they were personal favorites....and that is what it's all about to me. In addition to sauces and rubs, Jeff included some nuts grown by the company he works for.  Jeff offered to assist with any restocking of favored items, which further extends his generosity. I am greatful for all the rubs, sauces, nuts, specialty items and thought put into this gift. What fun it will be to explore new flavors in my egging expierence. 

Jeff, I sincerely appreciate all you have done for me. I look forward to keeping in touch with you as I work my way through them all.

let me add a big thanks to @cazzy for all the work put into this exchange. What great fun this has been both on the giving and receiving side. 

I I hope you all have a great weekend.....happy smoking. 
    I would like to follow up with a shout out to Jeff @jabam who sent me some assorted nuts (and choc covered nuts) grown by the company he works for. Let me just say that they are were outstanding. Please pass along my enjoyment to those within your company.....and again, thanks for the generous package. Looking forward to the long weekend to get further into these treats. 
    Glad you liked them. Let me know when you try the Pearl sauce, that is terryaki on steroids, it's not for everyone, but I love it. I usually will thin it with a little beer and marinade any skinless chicken. Enjoy Robin @northGAcock
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Angus1978
    Angus1978 Posts: 390
    edited June 2016
    @bgebrent
    You made my Monday!  Thank you so very much from the bottom of my heart, you got me so many delicious looking spices and rubs, I'll definitely use the Sams Brisket rub on my next one....coming up in a few weeks.   I'll definitely enjoy each one of them....heck, you went above and beyond with the Bourbon.......and dude, you even got me wood.   B) Well done sir.  I can't thank you enough!
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • fiver29
    fiver29 Posts: 628
    KKorkmaz said:
    @fiver29 Whoops, forgot to include my forum handle in the letter, glad the package includes items which are new to you, my main intent was to find products specific to my market and I'm happy to hear that everything is new to you! Let me know if you have questions about the rubs/sauces and please share what you cook with them on the forum!
    You crushed it! I'm really excited to dig into this stuff. I've got a chicken in the fridge and it's got a date with new rub and/or sauce tomorrow!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Strongsville, Ohio

Yes.  I own a blue egg!  Call Atlanta if you don't believe me!
    [I put this here so everyone knows when I put pictures up with a blue egg in it]

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    And @Richard Fl drops the mic!  Holy cow!
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Angus1978 said:
    @bgebrent
    You made my Monday!  Thank you so very much from the bottom of my heart, you got me so many delicious looking spices and rubs, I'll definitely use the Sams Brisket rub on my next one....coming up in a few weeks.   I'll definitely enjoy each one of them....heck, you went above and beyond with the Bourbon.......and dude, you even got me wood.   B) Well done sir.  I can't thank you enough!
    Brother Angus, you are welcome from the bottom of my heart!  So glad you like the goodies and hope you enjoy them and think of North GA as you do.  I apologize I illegally shipped you Knob Creek but knew it was worth the risk!  Also glad you like pecan.  Enjoy brother and post some of your cooks.  Happy 4th!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    All I can say to @nlovold, is "Thank you and wow".

Way over the top.

From left to right, Indiana local beers, local sauces, a calzone press, and local rubs.  I've never had any of them. 

Well done.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• tgs2401
    tgs2401 Posts: 423
    gmac said:
    This
    Holy s#%+ that's a lot of stuff. Now I am feeling cheap :) great job
    @Proser

yep, me too

One large BGE in Louisville, KY.
  • tgs2401
    tgs2401 Posts: 423
    Me three
    One large BGE in Louisville, KY.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    @foghorn, that rail spillter is a great beer. I've never used the St. Elmos rub, but Ive eatten at the resturant and guarantee it will be fantastic. If you ever get a chance to buy their horseraish, do it!
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Angus1978 said:
    @bgebrent
    Very nice.....they'll us about the Tomatoe House products @bgebrent
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Foghorn
    @foghorn, that rail spillter is a great beer. I've never used the St. Elmos rub, but Ive eatten at the resturant and guarantee it will be fantastic. If you ever get a chance to buy their horseraish, do it!

@saluki2007, thanks for the info.  @nlovold included a letter that explained every item.   Apparently, the richest people in Indianapolis dine at St. Elmos and eat their steaks with their rub on them so I am very much looking forward to it.  And of course I'm up for a good beer.

I'm feeling like I won this contest.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• bgebrent
    Angus1978 said:
    @bgebrent
    Very nice.....they'll us about the Tomatoe House products @bgebrent
    Robin, they don't sell KC.  That said, the Tomato House is a roadside farmstand in N GA that has all kinds of locally sourced produce and many other locally contrived products. Good example is the comb in honey and the apple butter I sent brother Angus.  Pickles too.  Local stuff, mostly amazing.  The pecan wood on the other hand I harvested and cut.  Use it a lot!
  • bgebrent
    In reality, I put the pecan wood in the package to confuse the custom dogs so they'd miss the Bourbon  ;)
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Very proud to be part of this exchange and to see the joy y'all exude giving!  It's very clear that what we receive in return is just a bonus.  

I keep hearing people say the feel cheap...DON'T...you did a great job!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Thanks again cazzy for putting it all together. You could have spent your time doing many things, but organizing this exchange made many of us feel a little closer as the great eggnation that we are !!!

I appreciate all my forum friends and right now, Richard Fl

You de man !!!!!!!

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    Just tracked my shipment.  Not sure how this will play out.  It says they are going to hold it here in MI for me to pick up but then it arrived in Dallas?  Maybe they will make recipient go to UPS hub and present ID?  They must have opened it to know there was alcohol in there right?

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited June 2016
    kl8ton said:
    Just tracked my shipment.  Not sure how this will play out.  It says they are going to hold it here in MI for me to pick up but then it arrived in Dallas?  Maybe they will make recipient go to UPS hub and present ID?  They must have opened it to know there was alcohol in there right?

It will play out exactly how it reads.  Speed up the process and contact UPS.  You'll have to visit the main UPS shipping center and pick up your package.  You might be able to remove the alcohol and resend during your visit.  Good luck!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    edited June 2016
    Wow - bad luck. Wonder how they found out? When people ship wine, the telltale indicator is the squeaky styrofoam or if you ship in a shipper designed for bottles (easy to avoid both). Otherwise, unless the package breaks, they very rarely figure it out.

And for the record, if you do decide to ship alcohol discreetly, do not use USPS (it is illegal - fine plus up to one year in prison) - use FedEx or UPS (just a violation of terms of use).
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • HoustonEgger
    HoustonEgger Posts: 616

Big thanks to @motsol for the package. I got home late last night and immediately opened it - great selection from the southern tip of the US! Never had any of the rubs before or the BBQ sauce, I have had the hot sauce before and it's excellent. Great spread - thank you sir!
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • Foghorn
    In my bragging about all the great stuff I received, I forgot to thank cazzy for putting this together.

THANK YOU.

San Antonio, TX

• Christmas in June?!?!  Dog started going crazy at the door and look what was left there. Thank you so much @charliebatutis for everything. They all look great and I can't wait to try them this weekend.   My father in law used to live in Kimberling City so I will have to see if he is familiar with everything. Thanks again!  
    Cheers!
  • After seeing all these other gifts I feel like a tightwad.  
    My package should have been larger too. 
  • nlovold
    nlovold Posts: 194
    Foghorn said:
    All I can say to @nlovold, is "Thank you and wow".

Way over the top.

From left to right, Indiana local beers, local sauces, a calzone press, and local rubs.  I've never had any of them. 

Well done.

Enjoy @Foghorn !  I'm glad everything made it to you all in one piece!
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    cazzy said:
    kl8ton said:

It will play out exactly how it reads.  Speed up the process and contact UPS.  You'll have to visit the main UPS shipping center and pick up your package.  You might be able to remove the alcohol and resend during your visit.  Good luck!
    Chatting with UPS right now.  Tracking shows it is in Dallas TX.  I am in MI.  It would be difficult to pick up.  Unless it is still in MI, I can go get it.

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI