Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking corn on the cob while doing a rib smoke

Options
im smoking and rack and I have some corn on the cob. Is there a good time to put it on with my ribs so they will be ready around the same time? I'm doing a 2/2/1 @ 250/265

Comments

• FarmerTom
    FarmerTom Posts: 685
    Options
    Lots of ways to do corn on the cob.  I like to peal back the shucks, remove most of the silks (You don't have to get them all,  they'll dissolve), add some squeeze butter, fold the shucks back as they were, wrap lightly in AF.  Not really sure of the time.  I generally put them on just a little before steaks and take them off after the steaks are finished.  Guessing 15 minutes.  The shucks and butter wrapped with the AF will steam the corn.  If they're so hot you can barely remove the shucks, they're finished.  I'm not sure how much longer to allow for the lower temps of a low and slow cook though.  However, I would err on the extra time side.  You can pull them and put them in a dry cooler and they will stay hot a good while.  
       Sweet corn on the grill, now you've got me wanting some.  

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    At 250 I think your looking at about 45 minutes you'll want the corn on, in the shuck.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • bountyhunterboba
    Options
    Love this Forum ! Thanks everyone ! 
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I have done totally shucked and silked in the smoker at 250 degrees for about an hour, came out great!

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• JimboBQ
    JimboBQ Posts: 197
    Options
    Is there a good rub to sprinkle on the corn along with the squeeze butter?
    Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,356
    Options
    If you want to try a "Mexican" themed corn, I like to mix some butter, cotija cheese and a little cayenne. If not, just throw a little of whatever you used on the meat. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• BBQBuddy
    BBQBuddy Posts: 275
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I prefer some charring on the corn, so I'd take ribs off and char corn direct for about 10-15 min.  Then finish with this:  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sunny-anderson/mexican-street-corn-recipe.html
    It's really good.
    2 Large BGE, MiniMax, Miami, FL

• Wolfie51sb
    Wolfie51sb Posts: 267
    Options
    JimboBQ said:
    Is there a good rub to sprinkle on the corn along with the squeeze butter?
    We're big fans of Dizzy Dust Pineapple Head on sweet corn.

Rob

Columbus, Ohio

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    There are many, many ways to do corn. And at one time or another, I have about tried them all. My favorite two ways are as follows. 
    Cut the corn off of the cobb and fry it in butter. Man, you talk about good.

My other favorite method is akin to what @FarmerTom mentioned above. Wash the corn in real cold water, husk and all. Then pull back the husk and remove the beard. Smother with butter and bacon grease and grill in the husk raised direct at 500 degrees until tender. 

Properly grilled corn will have your head spinning like a hippies in a wind storm.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.