Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Father's Day cook. what is Egg Nation doing?

Comments

• Looks like a trip to Costco is in order

Elkhorn, NE
    1 large egg
    28" Blackstone
    Akorn Jr. 
  • Meeeshigan22
    Meeeshigan22 Posts: 306
    Friday-Reverse sear ribeyes 

Saturday-11lb butt

Sunday-Beef plate ribs

Monday start a weight loss challenge
    Highland, MI

L BGE, Primo, and a KJ Jr
  • Spooner
    Spooner Posts: 12
    Burgers, dogs, chips, baked beans and the fix in's. All Egged at work with about 8 other dads on a 12 hour shift. We'll try and keep your tunes and fans a blowing.
  • SanTan 202 and market street. I ended up getting a brisket but man I wanted one of those. 
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    edited June 2016
    Sweet. Thanks for the info.  Ill get out there amd we will connect to discuss all things egg....since we will be at a party tomorrow nite i got to do my fathers day wish list tonite.  2X baked taters, broccoli with parm, corn on cob, large lobster tails and prime t bone

I want those tomahawks tho and its nice costco lets you select the ones you want.   Ill be out there soon for some of those bad boys...

Meantime, we just finished eating.  Oh i had a nice dip in the pool, about five bud lites and a sloce of german choco cake for dessert.  If i was going to the electric chair tonite, id die a happy man.  Here are picts of the frenchs prime wet aged t bone and the tails i had sent as a gift from seattle.....
  • @ Westernbbq I'll have to give Frenchs a try.  Just so spoiled with this nice meat in backyard at Costco.  Let me know if you make the trip. I'll spot you a backyard beer for the trip!
  • HoosierBBQ
    HoosierBBQ Posts: 111
    Doing some wagyu #8 strips from Jimmy P's in Naples, FL. I have yet to find any restaurant that beats those steaks.
    Grilling year round in Orlando, FL on a large BGE & Santa Maria
  • westernbbq
    Game ON Brothaman!

French's has prime dry aged that goes on sale sometimes for low 20s a pound.  They are just good guys, no nonsense.  I agree, Costco cant be beat on prime pricing and incredible selection.

A few yrs ago i bought a prime prime rib 7 bone roast from Frenchs.   They took me to the cooler, let me select the one i wanted, cut the bones off in one slab and then tied them back on.  It was expensive but worth every penny.   Christmas amd it was ny first prime rib on the Big Green Egg.    huge hit with family and qe were able to go to sister house Christmas morning so kids could open presents and the bge was unattended with temp set on prime rib roast.   Perfection.   They also will grind up a brisket and chuck roll for me in summer as its too hot for me to fire up the LEM.  They give me the blend i want and parcel it out in the increments i specify as well.   
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    edited June 2016
    I have a prime tri tip in the fridge and my wife bought me cinnamon bears - one of my favorites. I wanted to do tri tip because entire family can get down on it. My 5 yr old daughter loves med rare tri tip.. 3 or 4 helpings loves. My son and other daughter enjoy it, but not quite as much. 
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
    Just put on some big ol butts!!!!! 

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Plan on working on boats on Father's day.  Will slap together a quick shrimp, chicken and beef fajita dinner for our GoT dinner party (Every Sunday).  SWMBO is working, so I'll have to cut out of the warehouse/shop early to cook it all.  I have a guy cleaning the hull on my big boat again tomorrow.  Trying to make it look good to sell.  Costs a fortune to take that boat out and I've rarely used it since I got the 18' bay boat.
    Wife wants Enchiladas tomorrow...will be smoking a butt....very well may be,using my Reverse Flow...
  • Just dropped this little bad boy in the egg. Costco prime brisket. 
  • Bentgrass
    Bentgrass Posts: 443
    Prime Rib, baked spuds, and veggies at noon and afternoon of US Open.
    1. Bettendorf, Ia with lots of time in Chattanooga, Tn.  LBGE, plate setter, ar, Looft lighter, maverick et-735, Rutland gasket, Smokeware SS cap, Kickash basket, and lots of cast iron.
  • rifrench
    rifrench Posts: 469
    St. Louis cut ribs, and potato salad here.

1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia
  • westernbbq
    @CheeseheadinAZ.  That brisket looks ridiculous.  What is dry rub?
  • 6 parts 16 mesh pepper
    3 parts course salt
    3 parts lawrys
    2 parts onion powder
    2 parts garlic powder
    1 part cayenne pepper

Spritzing with pickle juice and worcheshire when dry bark forms. 
  • westernbbq
    Thanks Brotha.   Ill use it and give full credit to a fellow Wisconsinite! 
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    I picked up a prime wet aged T bone this AM from French's Meat Shoppe in Scottsdale (dont be fooled by the name...these guys are legit and are good midwestern rooted people) 

Thanks @westernbbq for the local recommendation.  

Very nice. I've got a pretty good sized crew coming over. I'm running St Louis cut spares, beef plate short ribs, smoked mac & cheese, collards and a smoked banana pudding. 

@Big_Green_Craig Would you mind posting the recipe for this? - sounds right up my alley. 

Thecoiman said:
    My son came up to work and we made burgers for the office

Big points for the shirt @Thecoiman  

Since it's going to be 119...

Yep @CheeseheadinAZ .  Almost no need to use any lump today in AZ.  Welcome to hell.
    Phoenix 
  • westernbbq
    @blasting.   Are u in AZ?

As to when i hear complaints about the heat i always say, well if it was like March year round here we would be as crowded as SoCal..no thanks

Get access to a pool, have good a/c at home, in car and at work and drink tons of cold water amd youre good here.   

• @blasting haha. Actually during the heat of the day I decided to take apart the xl and replace the gaskets. Then hung a butcher paper roll holder on the garage wall. Other than being about 20lbs lighter from the dry sweat, it wasn't too bad
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

Yes @westernbbq , I'm in AZ.   Pefect weather for 8 months, and hell on earth for the other four.  

@CheeseheadinAZ I do a lot of projects inside that would normally be reserved for outside.  Hope to finish the soldering for my electrolysis tank today - in my living room.  Your gasket project would have been done inside if it were me.  It helps that I don't have a wife asking me why I'm changing the oil in my compressor in the family room...

Phoenix 
  • westernbbq
    I envy you @blasting!     

To me the worst month here is august as thats when we are 110 and monsoon humidity comes in. Today i already jumped in the pool, got out, a breeze kicked up and i was chilly!  Wimp!  But i know the hashness of winter in midwest, i sneak up to mogollon rim 3x a summer where the temp is 40 degrees lower than phx and at nite it gets in the 40s.  Not bad for a 1.5 hr drive NE of phx.    

I will say this about living here vs midwest vs spending time in CA.   

If you want snow, drive 2 hrs north of here.  If you want beach, drive 3.5 hrs to rocky point, 5 hrs to san diego or 5.5 hrs to OC.   if you want cool pines, drive either 4 hrs to sunrise or 1.5 hr to the rim or two to flag.   And the best thing about the snow in northern az, is that you can leave it there and come home to easy maintenance of your yard

If you want mosquitoes, go to WI where its the state bird.  There are a few in az but when its 110 and drrryyyyy outside, they turn into little puffs of smoke.  i also have not changed a rusty muffler on a car since 1985!

The only thing i miss from WI is the last week of oct and first two weeks of nov.  True fall football weather. But, last october i was in rocky point eating shrimp tacos watching college football and having cold beers.  So it was ok.   
  • westernbbq
    @CheeseheadinAZ...get yourself a master cool evap cooler for patio amd garage.  Our lack of humidity makes these things awesome.  Two weeks ago when it was 116 here i took a nap on back patio next to mine and was so comfortable i couldnt believe it
  • @CheeseheadinAZ...get yourself a master cool evap cooler for patio amd garage.  Our lack of humidity makes these things awesome.  Two weeks ago when it was 116 here i took a nap on back patio next to mine and was so comfortable i couldnt believe it
    I'll have to check one of those out. I'm guessing the local h depot has them. 
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Smoked Mac n cheese was my contribution to the family dinner
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • westernbbq
    AZ indoor comfort up on 19th ave and peoria.   Get a used one on craigslist and rebuild it.   My brother in law has a horse ranch in scottsdale and he gave me an old one that stopped working.  Well, about $23 worth of parts and we were in business.   

• NonaScott
    NonaScott Posts: 446
    @CheeseheadinAZ...get yourself a master cool evap cooler for patio amd garage.  Our lack of humidity makes these things awesome.  Two weeks ago when it was 116 here i took a nap on back patio next to mine and was so comfortable i couldnt believe it
    I'll have to check one of those out. I'm guessing the local h depot has them. 
    We lived in Mesa for 8 years and I got one for my patio halfway through the first summer. Mine had a reservoir at the bottom that you could fill manually or it had an auto float valve that you could hook the hose up to and it kept the reservoir full all the time. It was about 3 feet square on wheels with multiple fan speeds. It was like having AC on the patio. Cost about 250 bucks at Home Depot. Well worth it. Highly recommend.
    Narcoossee, FL

LBGE, Nest, Mates, Plate Setter, Ash Tool. I'm a simple guy.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,937
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    Lobster and shrimp tacos.