Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pensacola area question

Options
Hey Eggheads- question for you that are along the gulf/Pensacola area. I've got a friend / former teammate in college that is relocating to that area and is looking for a middle management / management position in the manufacturing arena. Anyone have any insight that I can pass along to him? Thanks!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,795
    Options
    My wife use to work at the Naval Air station in Pensacola. I will ask her for some suggestions tonight when I get home.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DaveRichardson
    DaveRichardson Posts: 2,324
    Options
    Thanks, Scottie!  I appreciate it!

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,434
    Options
    My brother lives there.  I will see if any of his colleagues or fellow church members know of anything.

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    Thanks, @kl8ton

Tge football program guys from college are a bunch of close-knit guys like we are here. It's kinda fun joking around with guys who were 25 years before me and guys I saw on tv on this past football season. Having a few NFL Hall of Famers in the brood helps, too!

• BigGreenAggie
    Options
    Although I can't help out on the job front I can probably answer some questions about the town in general if any come up.  We've been in the area since 2011 for whatever that's worth.
    Native Texan currently living in the Pensacola, FL area
    1x LBGE
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    Thanks, @biggreenaggie. He and his wife are moving there soon; she was offered a dream job that they couldn't pass up. 

• CincyTiki
    CincyTiki Posts: 346
    Options
    Airbus continues to expand near Mobile, may be further than he wants to drive, but an option
    Enjoying life in Cincinnati, Ohio - Large BGE & MiniMax BGE
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,434
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @DaveRichardson

My brother got back to me and hasn't heard of anything in the manufacturing sector.  He did say there are management positions available in the Pensacola school system.  He also stated that Navy Federal Credit Union is the largest employer in Pensacola and he knows a lot of people that work there.  He says they move up the ladder pretty quickly in that facility. FWIW

Bankers hours and having every government holiday off might not be bad!

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • nolenut19
    nolenut19 Posts: 76
    Options
    The biggest manufacturing going on is the GE turbines. Does he have a degree if so what in?