Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you drinking....now?

Options

Comments

• HoosierBBQ
    HoosierBBQ Posts: 111
    Options
    Recapping the night...some local IPA, Backbone Uncut, and some EH Taylor to end the night...You might think I have a bourbon problem. You're only correct if it relates to the fact I never have enough
    Grilling year round in Orlando, FL on a large BGE & Santa Maria
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Recapping the night...some local IPA, Backbone Uncut, and some EH Taylor to end the night...You might think I have a bourbon problem. You're only correct if it relates to the fact I never have enough
    I checked with an English professor and they confirm that the only correct usage of those two words ( bourbon and problem) in the same sentence is to correlate them as you have done. 
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    Rock Hill Farms Single Barrel here... and a really really fine Cigar!
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Some bourbon oaked cidar my neighbor made. He guessed its around 10 or 12 percent ABV. Good stuff.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • HoosierBBQ
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Bourbon County 2010
    Bourbon County Bramble 2013
    Bourbon Dark Apparition
    Hop15
    Listermann Nut Job Porter with berrys.
    Some kind of braggot
    Port Brewing Kook DIPA
    a friends homebrewed berliner weisse (x2)

Oof!!
    Well that's way better than what I was drinking but I don't want to be outdone on 500 day so...

1 Foster's Oil Can (track tradition)
    7 Miller Lite
    4 Red Stripe
    Lost track after that but I'm on to bourbon now and the brisket won't even go on for another hour. Which leads me to this PSA: Please don't ever trim a brisket after drinking that much. I think I avoided stitches but I have more holes and slices in my fingers than I started the day with. Thankfully I had gloves so the brisket is good which is really all that matters
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Bourbon County 2010
    Bourbon Dark Apparition
    Hop15
    Some kind of braggot
    Port Brewing Kook DIPA

Oof!!
    Well that's way better than what I was drinking but I don't want to be outdone on 500 day so...

7 Miller Lite
    4 Red Stripe
    Lost track after that but I'm on to bourbon now and the brisket won't even go on for another hour. Which leads me to this PSA: Please don't ever trim a brisket after drinking that much. I think I avoided stitches but I have more holes and slices in my fingers than I started the day with. Thankfully I had gloves so the brisket is good which is really all that matters
    I've learned that lesson, that's why I trim early...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • HoosierBBQ
    Options
    DMW said:
    YEMTrey said:
    Bourbon County 2010
    Bourbon Dark Apparition
    Hop15
    Some kind of braggot
    Port Brewing Kook DIPA

Oof!!

7 Miller Lite
    4 Red Stripe
    I've learned that lesson, that's why I trim early...
    Wiser than me. Lesson learned! No pain no gain? Sure I'll go with that.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Brisket smoking, beer in glass.

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• YEMTrey
    Options
    Steve 

• YEMTrey
    Options
    Can't stop, won't stop!

Steve 

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,570
    Options
    @YEMTrey.. I like the way you roll..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,336
    Options
    Getting ready to fire up the egg and throw a couple 1" ribeyes on :) 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    After 36 holes today, a couple fingers of bourbon. 
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    @YEMTrey.. I like the way you roll..
    +1
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • Acn
    Options
    Old Fashioned for the wife, straight rye for me.  It was that kind of day.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,570
    Options
    @Acn.. That looks awesome.. Enjoy..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Acn
    Options
    @Acn.. That looks awesome.. Enjoy..
    Thank you sir.  I may or may not be pouring myself another.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• pgprescott
    Options
    Time for a second Talisker!
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    More sweet water 420. It's bed time I'm pretty Wednesday drunk I want breakfast. 
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Well, it's kind of funny. I have been reading old posts this evening while sitting with my son. I have read 35 pages of this thread tonight and I think I have made some interesting observations.---To clarify, I could not keep up with all the Micro-Brews. The number and variety was staggering. It is obvious that people on this thread seriously enjoy excellent beer and love to share their finds. 

On the other hand, we either have a large number of "brown" liquor drinkers who all drink the same ones OR a few who drink a pretty good quantity of similar brands. I wasn't paying too much attention to who posted, but rather what. For me it has been great because I drink Gin almost exclusively. I have never tried many of the mentioned scotch and bourbon and I learned what is a good bet simply based on the numbers. Here are the ones that show up the most. 

Woodford or Woodford Double Oak--most popular or mentioned
    Basil Hayden--close second-very close
    Evan Williams---distant third
    Buffalo Trace

Titos Vodka--most mentioned vodka--period.

Obviously there were others, and I might have missed one but this is what stuck. It was great fun. Thanks for the education.

Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Acn said:
    How was the Zin?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    I am halfway through a 30 rack of the champagne of beers. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• pgprescott
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    Well, it's kind of funny. I have been reading old posts this evening while sitting with my son. I have read 35 pages of this thread tonight and I think I have made some interesting observations.---To clarify, I could not keep up with all the Micro-Brews. The number and variety was staggering. It is obvious that people on this thread seriously enjoy excellent beer and love to share their finds. 

On the other hand, we either have a large number of "brown" liquor drinkers who all drink the same ones OR a few who drink a pretty good quantity of similar brands. I wasn't paying too much attention to who posted, but rather what. For me it has been great because I drink Gin almost exclusively. I have never tried many of the mentioned scotch and bourbon and I learned what is a good bet simply based on the numbers. Here are the ones that show up the most. 

Buffalo Trace

Obviously there were others, and I might have missed one but this is what stuck. It was great fun. Thanks for the education.

Gin! I'm a fan of Beefeaters and Hendricks. 
  • Jstroke
    Options
    Jstroke said:

Buffalo Trace

Pg, if you like Gin, here is one to try--Watershed---it is very citrusy and so it goes great with Grapefruit. It is made here in Columbus. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,741
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    Jstroke said:

Buffalo Trace

Pg, if you like Gin, here is one to try--Watershed---it is very citrusy and so it goes great with Grapefruit. It is made here in Columbus. 
    i see you like the amsterdam gin, i buy their vodka exclusively now =) was feeding it spiked in biddeford martinis to the neighbor girl last weekend
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Jstroke
    Options
    Fish, I drink their Gin almost exclusively. For me it is the best you can buy--by far in that range. I like Hendrick's, but that is for sippin, or company. Now concerning neighbor ladies, my wife might disapprove--:)
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,741
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @Jstroke
    youve been away from maine too long =) its only polite to offer the neighbor girl a drink, then tell the wife to go make them. she can have one too =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Jstroke
    Options
    Fish, you are absolutely right. I have been away too long. Down here the hospitality is not the same. "The door is always open" does not apply here.