Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yeah its Friday!

Options
Ozzie_Isaac
Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,108
Just kidding.  Uugghh!  Wish it was :)
They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin

Comments

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Sadly tomorrow isn't Friday either.  :s
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Sadly tomorrow isn't Friday either.  :s
    But tomorrow tomorrow will be Friday.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Feels like Monday. I don't like Mondays...
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options
    Thursday is most appropriately truly named "Friday Eve".  So this can be the stage for a rehearsal...just to check the pulse of the buffalo  ;)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Close enough. My goal is to kill this keg before Friday so I can get a kick off the summer keg. Usually go cheap with Miller lite but thinking a 420 or Sierra Nevada to start it right. 
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Hmmm ... sure seemed like Friday ... but then every day feels like Friday ... days of the week are confusing when you're retired.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Hmmm ... sure seemed like Friday ... but then every day feels like Friday ... days of the week are confusing when you're retired.
    I sure wish that I could retire. I was planning on retiring early but the empire that I built under Big Ron has all but been desimated in the last seven years. If Hillary wins, it's game over. I will have to work until the day that I die. Another few years of liberal policies and I will be completely destitute. Oh well, there is always welfare. Oh I forgot, I'm not eligible for that. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,187
    Options
    Wednesday is the new Friday
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    SGH said:
    I sure wish that I could retire. I was planning on retiring early but the empire that I built under Big Ron has all but been desimated in the last seven years. If Hillary wins, it's game over. I will have to work until the day that I die. Another few years of liberal policies and I will be completely destitute. Oh well, there is always welfare. Oh I forgot, I'm not eligible for that. 
    If Hillary wins we all get to retire and have the gov't pay us!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • EggSmokeVa
    EggSmokeVa Posts: 378
    Options
    Boy do I wish it was Friday... Work is kicking my a$$ this week... Looking forward to whisky.. Brisket.. Pork butt.. Ribs.. Beans.. Collards.. Potato salad.. Mac and cheese... Etc Etc lol
    Large BGE
    36" BlackStone
    Backwoods G2 Party
    Yard full of other stuff to cook on

RVA -> Chesapeake Va
    Professional Drinker & Home Cook
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Boy do I wish it was Friday... Work is kicking my a$$ this week... Looking forward to whisky.. Brisket.. Pork butt.. Ribs.. Beans.. Collards.. Potato salad.. Mac and cheese... Etc Etc lol
    Don't let weds hold you back on the whiskey!
  • EggSmokeVa
    EggSmokeVa Posts: 378
    Options
    RRP said:
    Days of the week were always confusing after I retired - that's until I learned "fat paper day" meant Sunday. Then after that distinction the other 6 days are ALL Saturdays or are they Fridays?  =)

All kidding aside I honestly hope ALL of you can REACH retirement and EMBRACE retirement and LOVE retirement as much as my wife and I have for the past 12 years!
    Man.. Sounds like a dream come true! 

Don't let weds hold you back on the whiskey!
    Oh I won't.. Two old fashioneds in on the night lol
    Large BGE
    36" BlackStone
    Backwoods G2 Party
    Yard full of other stuff to cook on

RVA -> Chesapeake Va
    Professional Drinker & Home Cook
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    RRP said:
    All kidding aside I honestly hope ALL of you can REACH retirement 
    If Trump wins I will retire in a few years. If Hillary wins, you may have to un retire Ron. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Lit said:
    Close enough. My goal is to kill this keg before Friday so I can get a kick off the summer keg. Usually go cheap with Miller lite but thinking a 420 or Sierra Nevada to start it right. 
    Do you mean sweetwater's 420? Might be my favorite new beer. Palmetto brewing out of charleston has a really good pale ale too. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    Retires living off the man.  You guys should be ashamed.
  • Jeepster47
    Options
    @SGH ... if we all knew our expiration date, retirement planning would be easy.  It's the uncertainty that causes grown men to break out in a sweat in the middle of the night. 

The hardest part of retirement is learning to take money out of savings.  If you're smart, then for your whole life you've been socking money away.  It's difficult to change old habits and feel comfortable making withdrawals.

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Feels like Monday. I don't like Mondays...
    I want to shoot the whole day down...
  • Jeepster47
    Options
    Don't smart off too much.  Your mother still has that contract you signed to take care of us in our old age.  That will truly be easy street!!!

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    NOPE! Not me anyway! I started saving toward our retirement 5 months after I graduated college way back in 1966! The funny thing is I close an S & L in town based on their published balance sheet 2nd, but 1st because of their NEW beautiful granite faced single story VERY visible building in town! Oh well...getting in the savings habit was the key. My parents taught me to take care of myself and then I would have to answer to "no one"! My parents were very wise AND correct!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,187
    Options
    We are going to be bailing out a lot of folks in retirement.... 

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-much-average-family-saved-for-retirement-2016-3
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Comrades, we are all here to serve for the collective good of the peoples republic of America.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Almost Friday....

https://youtu.be/Qg0pO9VG1J8
    Options

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    I hope this lasts until Friday. It has some serious potential. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    @nolaegghead Loved the SNL Trump

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    It's getting close here on the east coast.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited May 2016
    Options
    DMW said:
    It's getting close here on the east coast.
    11 minutes mofos
  • YukonRon
    Options
    furriiiiiiiiiiiidaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky