Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Tenderloin Tail Roast from Sam's Club

Options
NautiRogue
NautiRogue Posts: 118
edited May 2016 in Beef
O   M   G!!!

I just bought a beef tenderloin tail roast from Sam's Club tonight on the way home from work.  I've never had this or even seen it before, but it was reasonably priced at $12.48/pound and it was almost 2 pounds, which worked well for me and my two step-sons.

I decided that it was steak and I'd cook it like a steak.  I basted it with EVOO and rubbed it with Dizzy Pig Cow Lick.  

I like the T-Rex method, so I brought the Mini Max up to 600 degrees and seared the roast on four sides for 1 minute per side.  I pulled the roast off the grill, threw the plate setter on the MM, and configured the vents to bring the temp back down to 400.  I put the roast back on at 400, inserted a CyberQ temp probe and it went in like the meat was butter.  I cooked it indirect at 400 degrees to an IT of 145.

Holy crap.  This roast was tender, moist, perfectly medium rare, and DELICIOUS!  AMAZING MEAT!!!  (Keep in mind that the high temp sear burned through some of the twine that was meant to keep the roast in shape, but it still cooked properly.)  My wife is on an austere 15-day fitness and nutrition regime that didn't permit her to have the rubbed meat, but she tasted the interior meat and pretty much orgasmed!

Has anyone else had the Sam's Club beef tenderloin tail roast?  I'm going to buy the other 3 pieces I saw there tonight to share with our marina friends this weekend!

Highly recommended!!!

Comments