Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Burgers and a new view

Griffin
Griffin Posts: 8,200
Well, after much hassle, we're finally in our new place!! And here's our new view off the back porch overlooking the 18th hole. Maybe I should take up golf? Or just sit on the back porch with a cold beer and an air horn and heckle people as they tee off? Yes, that is a ladder you spot. Part of the hold up on closing was getting a new roof installed after the last hail storm. Finished up right in time for the storm last night. For the first cook, we just went simple with burgers. Served up on our finest ChinaIt's good to be in our new home. Lotta work ahead of us, but it'll all be worth it in the long run. Maybe now I can get back to serious grillin' and bbq again.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    Congrats!  
    Hope the mothership honors any crack warranty issues, if they know you live next to a golf course!   ;)

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Congrats on the new palatial estate. I hope you enjoy your new home for many years to come.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Awesome Griff!  Have me wanting to see more!  

Hit the music!  

https://youtu.be/QRqHA5Q_5vs
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    You should definitely take up golf!  

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Looks great Griff and congrats again!  Make sure the kids are wearing football helmets and pads when playing outside.  It's not fun getting hit with a golf ball, trust me on that one.
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    If your on a golf course you have to paint the egg white! Congrats 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    Gratz on new house. Very nice view

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• Thecoiman
    Thecoiman Posts: 134
    Hope you enjoy the new place.
    Garland, TX

2 Large, 1 Mini Max, 1 Mini
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    You should definitely take up golf!  
    Probably a lot cheaper than egging.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    At least you have a permanent spot for the Beer cart.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Congrats on the new place! As always the burgers look phenomenal. Nicely Done sir!!
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Congratulations on the burgers, they look great......the place looks cool too.
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Nice perch and grub!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    As an avid golfer, I don't recommend taking it up. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,050
    Great lookin burgers and egging spot!  We gotta go golfing sometime. 
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Man, oh man. A golf course. What the hell were you thinking? Go ahead and put grills on your windows and take up golf so you can avenge your broken windows. Don't ask me how I know. Get a hard hat for Duke, please. That's the only way he can play in the back yard. The door to my storage room off the deck always looked like ammunition was fired at it. When you have a party, tell your guest to put the divots back. I never had a party that people wouldn't bring their golf clubs. Just sayin. Midnight golf is ugly.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • bhedges1987
    bhedges1987 Posts: 3,201
    Congrats!

Kansas City, Missouri
    Large Egg
    Mini Egg

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us" - Gandalf

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Congrats on the new house.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • I have limited respect for pro golfers.  Professional players of football, baseball, hockey & soccer perform their magical feats in from of roaring crowds. Tiger Woods whines if somebody clicks a camera shutter during his swing.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    If only this was a golf thread Fred.

Big congrats Griffin.  Skip learning to play, bar cart won't hit the 18th very often, I say setup a stand and sell beers and hamburgers to the golfers as they come through.  You'll pay that house off in no time.
  • RAC
    RAC Posts: 1,688
    Congrats on the new place!

Ricky

Boerne, TX

• YukonRon
    Dredger said:
    Man, oh man. A golf course. What the hell were you thinking? Go ahead and put grills on your windows and take up golf so you can avenge your broken windows. Don't ask me how I know. Get a hard hat for Duke, please. That's the only way he can play in the back yard. The door to my storage room off the deck always looked like ammunition was fired at it. When you have a party, tell your guest to put the divots back. I never had a party that people wouldn't bring their golf clubs. Just sayin. Midnight golf is ugly.
    That is funny. I would also like to add a house on the 18th is almost like ground zero for golf balls. Most of the guys I know are toasted by the time they get to the 15th, and by the 18th, there is no telling where the ball will go. I have friends on a golf course, that is semi private, which share some very funny stories.
    Be sure to get used to hearing the sound of Fore!, Look Out! Incoming!
    and other warnings of short range, medium sized, projectiles heading towards your home. 
    The good thing is, your income will increase by selling the lost balls in your yard.
    That is depending, of course, on whether the drunken golfer, down to his last ball of the sleeve of three, purchased at the clubhouse, decides to climb your fence to get it, thereby damaging said fence and injuring himself in a most humiliating way, in your back yard.
    Be sure to inspect your yard before mowing.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • BigWader
    BigWader Posts: 673
    @Griffin burgers look great and don't listen to the naysayers.  From what I can tell from your first pic you are way off to the side and not the first, second or even third most likely landing spot for errant balls.  (it isn't even totally clear where the green is other than the cart path and that cart on the fairway (that looks like he's going the other way).

Home ownership is a great knowing that everything you do around your property is for you and your families enjoyment.  Congratulations on the new home!

Toronto, Canada

Large BGE, Small BGE

• Burgers look great, location looks great.  But watch out for golf.

Let me tell you a little story.  I once knew a guy who could have been a great golfer, could have gone pro, all he needed was a little time and practice. Decided to go to college instead. Went for four years, did pretty well. At the end of his four years, his last semester he was kicked out... You know what for? He was night putting, just putting at night with the fifteen-year-old daughter of the Dean...

It's a 302 thing . . .
  • YukonRon
    BigWader said:
    @Griffin burgers look great and don't listen to the naysayers.  From what I can tell from your first pic you are way off to the side and not the first, second or even third most likely landing spot for errant balls.  (it isn't even totally clear where the green is other than the cart path and that cart on the fairway (that looks like he's going the other way).

Home ownership is a great knowing that everything you do around your property is for you and your families enjoyment.  Congratulations on the new home!
    Seriously, though, have fun and enjoy. Cool locale for the family.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • jimithing
    jimithing Posts: 254
    I'm trying to figure out which course that is.  Sherrill Park #1?  Houses are too new to be Canyon Creek.
    XL BGE
    Plano, TX
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Did you get bedrooms for the second and third? Nice burgers
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Nice digs, man! Burgers aint too shabby either :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Mickey said:
    Did you get bedrooms for the second and third? Nice burgers
    Second and third? One is too many!