Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Devastated 2....

Options

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    cazzy said:
    hapster said:
    It's for real...

And I for one don't understand all of the sarcasm and negativity directed towards Tony and his plight. Tony has always been a stand up charitable guy to my knowledge... 
    Yeah...he's been pretty good.  Let's get this man a new Yeti!!!
    Hell, maybe even a RTIC.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    henapple said:
    @theyolksonyou and @hapster.... Thanks for the donations and the kind words. 
    It's my pleasure Tony. I hate to think about you traveling all over Texas with hot drinks and spoiled food. 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I've probably drank enough of his beer at the last 2 Salado egg fests to warrant a donation,  so done. 

I may donate more if Tony promises to keep his clothes on at the next Salado fest. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    i wasn't being negative.  i was just confused.

a guy can ask a question as a followup to a request for a donation, no?

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    @Darby_Crenshaw... No problem. Just asking for a little help. I understand. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Renegaderam
    Renegaderam Posts: 90
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Gofundme is for people who need money for operations or cancer treatments or families who are homeless. C'mon no disrespect but this is wrong save your money up and buy another one. Get a substitute for the time being. I have a friend suffering from a brain tumor on gofundme and this call for money on there really hurts the heart.
  • cazzy
    Options
    :rofl: 
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    caliking said:
    I've probably drank enough of his beer at the last 2 Salado egg fests to warrant a donation,  so done. 

I may donate more if Tony promises to keep his clothes on at the next Salado fest. 
    I'll donate more than that if he promises not to.
    NOLA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,403
    Options
    I'm sorry for his loss.  But it is his-I am quite frankly surprised that he established a gofundme account to address this.  If you want to seek support from close family and friends then keep it off-line.  
    We have all been thru financial challenges that pale in comparison to this setback.  Never mind the car or house repair bills that run into the 4 figures to the left of the decimal point and likely not planned or budgeted.
    And just wait til you calculate the hosing that is related to 4/18/16 (a 3 day reprieve this year).  
    This forum has a lot of generous members and I am appreciative of that.  However, when I get hammered by the same sort of challenge, this place is not where I will turn for help.  Just an opinion and we all know what those are worth.

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • henapple
    Options
    I don't mean to offend anyone... 
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @lousubcap Tony is a really good guy and it is my money....
  • cazzy
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I'm sorry for his loss.  But it is his-I am quite frankly surprised that he established a gofundme account to address this.  If you want to seek support from close family and friends then keep it off-line.  
    We have all been thru financial challenges that pale in comparison to this setback.  Never mind the car or house repair bills that run into the 4 figures to the left of the decimal point and likely not planned or budgeted.
    And just wait til you calculate the hosing that is related to 4/18/16 (a 3 day reprieve this year).  
    This forum has a lot of generous members and I am appreciative of that.  However, when I get hammered by the same sort of challenge, this place is not where I will turn for help.  Just an opinion and we all know what those are worth.

Your post gave me a great idea.  I have really been wanting to try SRF Gold, but haven't because I don't want to pay that much for meat.  I think starting a Go Fund Me is the answer to my problem.  Thanks Cap!!!
  • henapple
    Options
    Thanks Blake.... It mean a lot. 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Well shoot, I'm the slow brained one again.  I thought this was a gag too, didn't know the last name or what your cooler looked like.  That sucks, sorry it was stolen.
  • caliking
    Options
    Gofundme is for people who need money for operations or cancer treatments or families who are homeless. C'mon no disrespect but this is wrong save your money up and buy another one. Get a substitute for the time being. I have a friend suffering from a brain tumor on gofundme and this call for money on there really hurts the heart.

I missed the statement of those criteria on the gofundme site. it did say something about donating to people you "know and trust". I don't know about trusting that hillybilly, but I do know him. Someone's "need" is subjective, whether that need be more or less.

And I'm sorry to hear about your buddy.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,403
    Options
    @theyolksonyou - In no way did I try to tell anyone how to spend their $$.  It's yours and I'm sure I spend mine in many ways you would totally not approve.  FWIW-
    And while here @cazzy - Guess what-you will need to raise even more.  The new weight ranges open up a whole new price point and it's not cheaper.  But once you are successful, I promise to copy your approach.  ;)

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • caliking
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    caliking said:

I'll donate more than that if he promises not to.

If you know Tony well, you won't take that chance. It would only take a little 'shine to make that happen.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Wow! 

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    cazzy said:
    cazzy said:
    hapster said:
    It's for real...

And I for one don't understand all of the sarcasm and negativity directed towards Tony and his plight. Tony has always been a stand up charitable guy to my knowledge... 
    Yeah...he's been pretty good.  Let's get this man a new Yeti!!!
    Hell, maybe even a RTIC.
    Naaahhh...by the time the Rtic would actually be delivered he could probably have already saved up for another Yeti.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    d!ck heads?  interesting.

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    NP Tony. Wish it were more. 
    For those of you that don't know Tony he's a real a$$hole that would give you the dirty shirt off his back. Seriously though he's a great guy and very generous with his time and also monetary and never asks for anything back... And Hey he's a Bronco Fan so nuff said :wink: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @Darby_Crenshaw wasn't thrown at you or anyone else. 
    It was in reference to this news article that clearly didn't attach itself. My post was to read. 

Wow!
    http://www.news4jax.com/news/national/customer-throws-alligator-through-drivethru

Insert gif
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • HeavyG
    Options

caliking said:

I missed the statement of those criteria on the gofundme site. it did say something about donating to people you "know and trust". I don't know about trusting that hillybilly, but I do know him. Someone's "need" is subjective, whether that need be more or less.

And I'm sorry to hear about your buddy.

The Gofundme page says this:

What can I raise money for?

Most people use GoFundMe to raise money for themselves, a friend or loved one during life's important moments. This includes things like medical expenseseducation costsvolunteer programs,youth sportsfunerals & memorials - even animals & pets

That said, we're always amazed at all the unique ways people use GoFundMe to raise money online. The possibilities are endless! 

There is no requirement that the purpose be for something as dire as cancer treatments. Of course it says a lot about the US that some folks are left to begging for $$$ for potentially lifesaving medical treatments but that is a topic for a different day and a different place.

It's not at all unusual to find folks there asking for money to go on vacations. In fact they have a whole section just for that. Doesn't matter to me what people ask for as people are free to decide whether to donate or not.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I donated in hopes Tony would do me the favor of keeping his clothes on when next we meet.  I tried to ignore him because he organized the whole  Tennessee Eggstravaganza, but Wilma kept pointing and laughing.
    Flint, Michigan
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    I will just say that I have spent money on much stupider things than this.
    NOLA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Uncle Apple I will gladly donate to your cause. Hard times have fallen on all of us God fearing conservatives with that money grabbing idiot in the White House. Heck, whatever you are short of raising, I will did deep and pay the rest. I'm stunned that more people are not willing to help my friend. It's a sad liberal world.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    @henapple   Sorry for being a smartasss.  I thought it was a joke.
    Phoenix 
  • HeavyG
    Options
    SGH said:
    Uncle Apple I will gladly donate to your cause. Hard times have fallen on all of us God fearing conservatives with that money grabbing idiot in the White House. Heck, whatever you are short of raising, I will did deep and pay the rest. I'm stunned that more people are not willing to help my friend. It's a sad liberal world.  
    Dude...it's only Wednesday. :)

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Tony, I can't believe this happened to you. I hope we can get you a new cooler soon so I can drink your beer from it at Butt Blast.

The fact some lowlife would steal it is terrible. I hope they drop it on their foot and end up with a broken foot.

C'mon guys, chip in a ten or so at least. We can do it.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker