Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Waiting in line at Franklin Barbecue - NYTimes

Options
2»

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    blasting said:
    I wonder if any restaurant has refused service to a president?

Probably not. However if it was my restaraunt I would have turned Obingo away. Or at a minimum I would have blowed my nose and spit in his food. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    SGH said:
    blasting said:

Probably not. However if it was my restaraunt I would have turned Obingo away. Or at a minimum I would have blowed my nose and spit in his food. 

I predict President Obama will win you over before he leaves office.  You may even vote Hillary.
    Phoenix 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    SGH said:
    blasting said:

So much for that New Year's resolution to try and be nice eh! :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• blasting
    Options

I also predict a meat hybrid will be available this year.  A cow / pig.  Where we can get bacon, brisket, ham, and tbones off the same animal.

Phoenix 
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Jeepster47.. I like your Big Green Egg handle.  I take it to mean that you own a 1947 Jeepster.

My High School buddy had one and that was absolutely the perfect vehicle for teenage boys to have back in 1950's Louisiana.  I would love to own one now.  And maybe I will one day.  His was yellow with tan seats, usually wet from our swim suits.

Spring "From Back In The Good Old Days" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    @Spring Chicken ... I've sat in one ... never owned one.  A friend of mine owned one of the 6 cylinder models ... new brakes and other stuff added.  He said they were a **** to start, stop, and keep running.

Have owned Grand Cherokees since the more rounded model came out in 1999.  Just seemed a little presumptuous to have a title like "Grand Cherokee", so Jeepster it became.  Well, since someone else grabbed the "Jeepster" handle (and never used it) I added the 47 ... never thinking, at the time, that it fit within the three year model run.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    blasting said:

I also predict a meat hybrid will be available this year.  A cow / pig.  Where we can get bacon, brisket, ham, and tbones off the same animal.

@blasting if that happens... Screw being a lawyer. I will be a full time fArmer lol
  • yumdinger
    yumdinger Posts: 255
    Options
    Dream of sitting in this line.  However, Potus could jump in a lake.
  • 4Runner
    4Runner Posts: 2,948
    Options
    One day....
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/  and http://playingwithfireandsmoke.blogspot.com/2006/02/recipes.html
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
  • Fuzzbutt
    Options
    I suppose it didn't come across well. My post wasn't some political statement, just some levity. 
  • blasting
    Options
    Fuzzbutt said:
    I suppose it didn't come across well. My post wasn't some political statement, just some levity. 

Nah, you're good.  Welcome to the forum btw.

Phoenix