Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

This place is costing me $$$

Options
Last year for Christmas my wife bought me a large Egg and its has been an awesome journey learning and experimenting. I am often told by the family that I am having an Eggaffair. My response is, You guys love the Egg also, which they really do. So after many, many hours on the forum I came to the conclusion that I needed the Mini Max. Picked it up yesterday adding on a plate setter and put it together in the kitchen, where it sits for all to admire. My son bought a 12" round Himalayan Salt Rox block for me. I'll be putting that to use this evening for our fish dinner on the LBGE. I also realized that I needed a nice slicing knife to add to my collection. Wife bought me that for Christmas along with a utility knife. I'm thinking my first cook on the MM will be stuffed chicken breast, but bread is a close runner up. A table build will be coming next. My gas grill simply can't hold all of my Eggcessories. Pics are in the order that Vanilla decides.    
Mckinney, TX
LBGE--AR with Rig extender 
Mini Max

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Welcome to the MM club. Nice kitchen too.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Sounds to me like you have an amazing family! Enjoy!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • jak7028
    jak7028 Posts: 231
    Options
    Enjoy the MM, but you are still going to spend more money!!!  This is a great forum with good ideas, problem is those ideas cost me money as well.  

Also, I am trying to eat healthier and on a budget.  Everyone posting pictures of Prime Rib, thick steaks or anything covered in bacon or cheese is not helping.  (But keep posting them :) )
    Victoria, TX - 1 Large BGE and a 36" Blackstone
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    Better to be lucky than good any day.  Great score.
    Welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Oh hey you might want to order the WOO set-up from CGS and a Smokeware cap w/ MM adaptor. Just trying to help you lighten your wallet :smiley: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Oh hey you might want to order the WOO set-up from CGS and a Smokeware cap w/ MM adaptor. Just trying to help you lighten your wallet :smiley: 
    ^^^^^^^^+1 Yeppers
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    Options
    The only thing you will save money on here is cookbooks. I'm definitely tempted by the MM.
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    It never ends. Buying the egg is the least expensive part of owning an egg. When you brought it home, you have agreed to participate in wallet genocide. I have the XL and the MM. I will be buying a Med soon.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You still have plenty to buy. Black stone, induction eye or two, deep fryer, brisket knife, trip to New Orleans for brisket camp, trip to NC for butt blast, rotomold cooler of your choice and 2 for 1 polar bear coolers....

oh and SV.
  • fishepa
    fishepa Posts: 211
    Options
    Drinking a beer and putting together a mini-Max, can't really think of anything better.  Nice!
    War Damn Eagle!
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    LOL - fasten your seat belt as the speed of future purchases and "have to have" eggcessories gets going faster and faster!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    Yeah. The OT-Smoothies has me looking at Blendtec vs Vitamix stuff. Been in the fence for a while. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • Eggingaround
    Options
    Thanks @NPHuskerFL for the advice on spending my money,  I love it! =) I will definitely stop in the see Tom at CGS and pick up the Woo, probably the Smoke ware caps for both Eggs also. I'm seeing how this forum really works! 
    Mckinney, TX
    Mini Max
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Usually when I welcome new people to the forum I say Welcome to the Eggdiction and now you understand what I and others here know. I have received over the last two Christmas's quite a few nice items to use on my egg.  I wanted a MM last year, but had to settle for whats called a Kahuna which is in between the size of the Mini and MM for about $200.  I don't think it is worth the money I spent now and it may end being used for target practice someday.  I did get a Coleman Tailgater portable gas grill I use during the week now that I am getting to like for quick cooks and I by using half of my grill grates from XL has improved it's cooking ability and flavor.   Looks like you got a nice score and your family seems to take care of you like mine does, because they love the food that comes from cooking on the egg.

Enjoy!
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • SmyrnaGA
    SmyrnaGA Posts: 438
    Options
    You still have plenty to buy. Black stone, induction eye or two, deep fryer, brisket knife, trip to New Orleans for brisket camp, trip to NC for butt blast, rotomold cooler of your choice and 2 for 1 polar bear coolers....

oh and SV.
    My brother-in-law gave me a brisket knife last Christmas and it's AMAZING!  At first, I was like, okay... but, I made a brisket on New Years which wasn't one of my best, but, people liked it more because of the presentation!  I turned the dryer parts into burnt ends and sliced only the juicy middle parts as slices.

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

• Drkdante1977
    Options
    I agree on everything said..  I paid 800 for my large egg with nest..  In a few weeks since owning it added the platesetter, looftlighter, woo with ss drip pan and extra grate,  cast iron grate, fishbone firebox grate, composite egg mates, ss chimney cap, thermapen, Maverick 733, cover, and 5 books..  That doesn't count the list of other things I want for it..  It's a blast though 
  • ScottNC
    ScottNC Posts: 240
    Options
    Congrats on your new MM, it's good day to order a few nessessararies!! (new word)  :o

Western, North Carolina

Large, MiniMax, Blackstone 17" Smashburger Griddle & Stuff

• Eggingaround
    Options
    Thanks @ScottNC, I like the new word. 
    Mckinney, TX
    Mini Max
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    But, does your Egg love you?
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Oh and go ahead and at least think about adding a KAB too. :wink: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Or high que
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    I like the way you help a brother out  :)
    Oh, and you're right...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Eggingaround
    Options
    Guess I "need" th KAB also.  ;)  @SciAggie I can't wait to do the wok dish you just posted.  That looked killer
    Mckinney, TX
    Mini Max
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    You will save money vs going out to eat or developing a caviar addition.   Other than that, plan on stimulating the economy.
    Options
    @Eggingaround Thanks friend. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon