Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - R.I.P. Alan Rickman. We loved to Hate You.

Options
Alan Rickman was a great actor.  Most everybody loved to hate him.  Here's some roles I especially liked him in.

Die Hard as Hans Gruber

The evil rancher in Quigley Down Under

As a wonderfully evil Sheriff of Nottingham in Kevin Costner's Robin Hood movie.

The snooty actor playing the alien in Galaxy Quest.

If you liked Harry Potter, he was Snape.

I enjoyed watching him in these movies, but he rocked as Hans Gruber!  YIPPEE KI YAY!  R.I.P.
Flint, Michigan

Comments

• Jebpot
    Jebpot Posts: 374
    Options
    Agree. Going to miss him and David Bowie

XL and Small

Chattanooga, TN

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    My 21 year old daughter said aside from the Harry Potter movies, she's never seen him.  We're gonna watch Die Hard tonight!
    Flint, Michigan
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,233
    Options
    Shoot the glass! 
  • jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    Options
    Bowie Rickman Lemmy - the trio is complete. Keith Richards makes it to the next round!
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    He was a great actor.  

I read something interesting today on this scene. 

He was actually doing the stunt falling 25 feet or so.  They agreed to let go "on 3" but they let go on 1 in order to get a more natural reaction.  

Happy trails, Hans.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,794
    Options
    Another great one gone. You know, it's really sad that cancer is reeking the kind of havoc that it is on the modern world. A cure for cancer should take precedence over all the other nonsense that waste billions on. It's almost became a plague. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,530
    Options

"Tung Oil is derived from the Tung tree, but not from its tongue, but rather its nuts."  - Stumpy Nubs

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    "The snooty actor playing the alien in Galaxy Quest."

That sounds terrible!  What I meant to say is the character he PLAYED was a snooty actor who portrayed the alien in Galaxy Quest.  Alan Rickman was one of my all time favorites and I shall miss him at the movies.
    Flint, Michigan
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    It was the Die Hard roll that got me.  Young age to die.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    Schiess dem Fenster!
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Schiess dem Fenster!
    LOL!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,991
    Options
    I really liked his character portrayals. From Sense and Sensibility to Bottle Shock, everything between, before and after.
    He made the roles he played, great.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I saw this on YouTube and I thought it was cool.

https://youtu.be/moywvknhJVU
    Flint, Michigan
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,794
    Options
    Schiess dem Fenster!
    A lot of long and jumbled up words in there ;)

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    SGH said:
    Schiess dem Fenster!
    I think he meant to say: "Schieß auf die Fenster!", or "Zerschieß die Fenster!"
    Options
    SGH said:
    Schiess dem Fenster!
    I think he meant to say: "Schieß auf die Fenster!", or "Zerschieß die Fenster!"
    That's it, I'm buying a Dictionary :D

Status- Standing by.

• lwrehm
    lwrehm Posts: 381
    Options
    He was the best part of Robin Hood...

"because its dull you twit, it will hurt more!"