Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Our little BBQ journey today

Options
13»

Comments

• texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Yeah! Come on man. We don't care about their  horse trailer. We want to see the dang Taco bro. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Brother Tex, this will be my 18,000th comment. Seemed only appropriate to get it on your post. Here is to 18,000 more my friend :D

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,631
    Options
    I stopped by late Sunday afternoon on the way back from HD and grabbed a quick 1/2 lb of the mixed brisket to split with my son - two tortillas and some bbq sauce that was kind of like Rudy's sauce - deep red, black pepper.  That brisket was absolutely amazing.  Never had anything like it, it was cut 1/2" thick and tender as hell, great bark.  I've not been to Franklin's, so I can't compare to that.  My wife's office party ordered brisket and chicken from them for their holiday party yesterday - not a crumb left.

I guess I need to go try that taco now.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Legume said:
    I stopped by late Sunday afternoon on the way back from HD and grabbed a quick 1/2 lb of the mixed brisket to split with my son - two tortillas and some bbq sauce that was kind of like Rudy's sauce - deep red, black pepper.  That brisket was absolutely amazing.  Never had anything like it, it was cut 1/2" thick and tender as hell, great bark.  I've not been to Franklin's, so I can't compare to that.  My wife's office party ordered brisket and chicken from them for their holiday party yesterday - not a crumb left.

I guess I need to go try that taco now.
    Their brisket is killer. 2nd best I've had...you know who's first. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Legume
    Options
    I didn't take a pic of their smoker, but it's a big trailer smoker that is sitting inside of another trailer, kind of funny.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Legume said:
    I didn't take a pic of their smoker, but it's a big trailer smoker that is sitting inside of another trailer, kind of funny.
    I'm here now. I'll see if I can get one. 

Round 2:

Holy crap these are good. 
  • Legume
    Options
    What a food nerd - taking pics.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

You are right. Trailer inside a trailer. Mind blown 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Legume said:
    What a food nerd - taking pics.
    My son is with me. He's rolling his eyes hard. 
  • yogi84
    yogi84 Posts: 189
    Options
    Is it on flour or a "puffy" taco ?
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    It's official:  I hate Texas. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    yogi84 said:
    Is it on flour or a "puffy" taco ?
    Homemade soft flour 
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Oh nice. That Tortilla is on point. Is the brisket plain or is it mixed with something? 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,976
    edited December 2015
    Options
    texaswig said:
    Oh nice. That Tortilla is on point. Is the brisket plain or is it mixed with something? 
    The tortillas were awesome. I think the brisket is plain but they may have snuck a squeeze of sauce in when they chopped it, You couldn't really tell if they did.

The only adds that you could really taste were the fresh guac, salsa, and I squeezed a little lime over it. 
  • Little Steven
    Options
    So you went to a bbq joint a month ago, didn't egg nuthin and you are on your third page of comments. I've never had two pages. You must be kind of a big deal around here.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    SGH said:
    Brother Tex, this will be my 18,000th comment. Seemed only appropriate to get it on your post. Here is to 18,000 more my friend :D
    I am honored and you are correct- it is totally appropriate.

Here's to 18,000 more. 
  • Legume
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Agree, tortillas were fantastic.

I have to add, I waited in line, kinda pissed me off.  There was one guy ahead of me, maybe 2 min.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    So you went to a bbq joint a month ago, didn't egg nuthin and you are on your third page of comments. I've never had two pages. You must be kind of a big deal around here.
    You could have just asked, I would have told you that I was. Sheesh.

It's not like I'm SGH who just has to say the word "buffalo" to send a thread in to a 4 day, 300 comment tizzy.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Legume said:
    Agree, tortillas were fantastic.

I have to add, I waited in line, kinda pissed me off.  There was one guy ahead of me, maybe 2 min.
    there were 5-6 people both times today. Things are picking up!
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Nice. It's looking like I will be spending some time in Austin soon. Definitely going to do Franklin's and hit a few taco trucks.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Nice. It's looking like I will be spending some time in Austin soon. Definitely going to do Franklin's and hit a few taco trucks.
    Gimmie a shout. I'm home through 1/6.ill
    meet you and be your tour guide. We will drink beer.  
  • Legume
    Options
    Bring me along, I would love a tour of Austin!
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    I'll definitely take you up on that. I probably will be coming sometime in the spring though.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I'll definitely take you up on that. I probably will be coming sometime in the spring though.
    I should be back off the road by end of February. 
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    I should be back off the road by end of February. 
    Nice, I'm thinking March.  I should have my shirley by then and will probably drag it over with me. I have some friends over there that work in insurance adjusting. But they don't know squat about Austin. They knew I was into BBQ last time I came by and grabbed dickeys...  I was in town for 2 days and ate freaking Dickeys.
  • Legume
    Options
    Dickeys, damn that's bad.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,675
    Options
    I have got to go. Till I saw your taco I thought Tourches was the top taco. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Mickey said:
    I have got to go. Till I saw your taco I thought Tourches was the top taco. 
    Come on. Bring young Travis and Gary and we will make a day of it. It's in the parking lot of a liquor store/gas station/vape store in S. Austin. 
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,117
    Options
    TRASHY TRAILER PARK

FRIED CHICKEN, GREEN CHILES, PICO DE
    GALLO CHEESE AND CHILE CON QUESO ON A FLOUR TORTILLA WITH
    POBLANO SAUCE. 

YES PLEASE. 

Said Trailer Park Trashy Taco- w/ Diablo Sauce

My Lunch Partner

XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president.