Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What do YOU want for your egg for Christmas?

Options
Show me your wish list.  GO!

Louisianian by birth, Louisianian by death. Austinite for now...

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I wanted a nest, but my wife gave it to me early. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Gifts of the finest meats!
    Kick Ash Basket
    Mark Annville, PA
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    SGH said:

What was it on before?
  • SGH
    Options
    What was it on before?
    A wood table. The table has started to sag real bad on one end so I wanted a nest to put in temporarily. The nest sure makes moving the egg around a breeze.  I'm really liking the nest so far. She got me some mates as well today. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    slovelad said:
    What was it on before?

Status- Standing by.

• apinion
    apinion Posts: 470
    Options
    Fine looking table, SGH.
    Louisianian by birth, Louisianian by death. Austinite for now...
  • bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    Options
    @SGH why go to a nest from a table? Myself I prefer a nest as I keep my egg in my garage so wheeling in a nest is much easier...just curious why you went the nest direction

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• TrailRunner
    Options
    SGH said:

Is that a large nest? I would have gave you mine. I don't think I'll use it again 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    SGH said:
    What was it on before?
    A wood table. The table has started to sag real bad on one end so I wanted a nest to put in temporarily. The nest sure makes moving the egg around a breeze.  I'm really liking the nest so far. She got me some mates as well today. 

Fwiw, I really like my nest and mates setup. I coveted a fancy table for a while until I realized how much I liked the simplicity. I do have a SS side table just to put stuff on for staging. You're gonna like it. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Recently had a table made, I have a spot made for a MiniMax, but is a lonely spot at present. I'll go with the MM.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SGH
    Options
    Is that a large nest? I would have gave you mine. I don't think I'll use it again 
    Yes sir, that's a large. And thank you, that's mighty kind of you my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    bcsnave said:
    @SGH why go to a nest from a table? Myself I prefer a nest as I keep my egg in my garage so wheeling in a nest is much easier...just curious why you went the nest direction
    I have been using a table since the day I bought my egg. Now that I'm having problems with the table, the nest was a quick fix. Truth be told, I'm really liking the nest so far. It makes moving the egg much easier. I'm going to ultimately get another table, however I intend on getting another egg as well. I will have one in a stationary spot and a mobile egg as well. I'm thinking of going with a XLarge egg in the new table (stationary egg) and leaving the large in the nest for portability.  

Status- Standing by.

• Trixie_Belle
    Options
    I really want a kick ash basket, an adjustable rig....that's all I want for Christmas.   
    BGE novice...A Southern Belle living in Seattle.  
  • SGH
    Options
    I really want a kick ash basket, an adjustable rig....that's all I want for Christmas.   
    The AR is a great accessory. You will enjoy it.  

Status- Standing by.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    I will end up with some SRF goodies, just depends on who goes thru the process.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • jollygreenegg
    Options
    Mini max KAB!
    MM & XL BGE, Bay Area CA
  • AUCE
    AUCE Posts: 890
    Options
    I want Smokewares
    Grill lifter/scraper, a platesetter lifter
    kick ash basket

and my two front teeth.

I would much rather be able to say I was glad I did than wished I had........

XL owner and purveyor of pallette perfection...

Homosassa....Mecca of Florida

• SmokingPiney
    Options
    A Thermapen and a Yeti tumbler. My B day is in January and I've requested CI Grill Grates.
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • newegger169
    Options
    Smokeware cap. Maybe kick ash basket
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    I've decided this year all I want for my XL is  a medium playmate.  
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Yeti tumbler, KAB, meat slicer,
    sausage stuffer, and more creative brain cells!!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,537
    Options
    I would have said lump of coal, but I'm already overstocked  =)
    canuckland