Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Has anyone tried the pillow advertised on TV My Pillow?

I'm looking for ways to get better sleep. I darkened my room with curtains to keep a little more light out and now thinking about trying this pillow. It basically 2 for $100. What are your thoughts on this pillow? Thanks

Comments

• Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    If it is for sale on TV it has to be freaking awesome.
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    edited November 2015
    I would just get a sleep number pillow. I have one that is concave and you can adjust the firmness, wouldnt sleep without it.

i am only 22, and I already hVe neck issues from playing college football, but the right pillow goes a long way.

i would never order one online. Go in he store and try them all out first 
  • We have a my pillow, it's comfortable. Pillows are hard to judge from the box.  You don't know until you actually sleep on it. Since the my pillow is fairly inexpensive it's not a big risk to get one 
  • I have one and love it...
    St. Mary's, GA
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    My chiropractor sold me on a "Chiroflow" or "Mediflow" pillow.  They're about $30-40 on Amazon or Blinq.  It's a cotton pillow but there's a water bladder in the bottom.  The weight of you head pushes on the water bladder which forms around your neck.  You fill it with however much water you like for firmness, squeeze the air out, then seal the hole.  I'm running 100 oz. of water in mine, my wife has what the doc recommended, 110 oz.  They want you to change the water out once a year and add a drop of bleach if it's well water.   So far so good, and the doc said he's had his for four years now.
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    edited November 2015
    Yes! It's funny you should ask. It is the most incredible pillow I have ever owned.

As odd as it may sound, it is both firm, yet very soft. There is an approx 1 week learning curved with this pillow, so don't give up on it after just a day or two.

When you first get it, you'll need to 'activate' it by putting it in the dryer with a small wet towel for about 20 minutes.

In the future, 5 minutes or so (with a small wet hand towel) will puff it up again.

I just bought my fourth, for me they last about 2 years then start to lose the magic.

What I have experienced with this amazing pillow is a deep REM sleep. My dreams are SO vivid and when I wake in the morning, I feel as if 'my batteries' have been fully charged.

I recommend buying the 'green' tagged pillow, and if and when you buy, purchase it from online Target via Ebay or Bed Bath & Beyond.

Don't pay more that $60 dollars for it.

This pillow will change your life. I promise!

Tim
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    edited November 2015

I have one and it is best/most comfortable pillow I have ever had!

2 for $100, go for it.

Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    I got a bamboo pillow and like it pretty good. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Thanks, I'll start looking at all suggestions. 
  • I have tried the firm and medium pillows from MyPillow and I feel that they are too firm for me.
  • SoCalTim
    I have tried the firm and medium pillows from MyPillow and I feel that they are too firm for me.
    The 'firm' is for the bodybuilder or wide shouldered individual, the green (medium) is for a 200 lb man and the white pillow is for someone 180lbs or less. I've done alot of research on this ...
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    We have a few. Couldn't be happier with it. Very comfortable. Got them almost 2.5 yrs ago. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • MaC122
    MaC122 Posts: 797
    Let me give you a different point of a view as a firefighter. I have a sleep over with men and women every third day and I can say that anyone who snores is an ****! I'm a light sleeper and I cant stand it! It drives me insane. We usually throw full toilet paper rolls at those **** in the dark.
    St. Johns County, Florida
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    I got a bamboo pillow and like it pretty good. 
    I like the bamboo pillows, too.
    NOLA
  • TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    edited November 2015
    I sleep on a pillow filled with buckwheat hulls
    Im a side sleeper and I used to sleep on my arm, but not with this pillow. I absolutely love the buckwheat pillow!
     I highly recommend you check one out.
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• MaC122 said:
    Let me give you a different point of a view as a firefighter. I have a sleep over with men and women every third day and I can say that anyone who snores is an ****! I'm a light sleeper and I cant stand it! It drives me insane. We usually throw full toilet paper rolls at those **** in the dark.
    Hahaha yes I'm a light sleeper myself. I know what ya mean. 
  • For those that have the MyPillow is there that big of difference between the standard and premium pillow? Thanks 
  • SoCalTim
    @TrailRunner , they are one in the same. Question, did u read my post? Everything you need to know about My Pillow is there.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • MaC122
    MaC122 Posts: 797
    edited November 2015
    and another thing id like to **** about.......people who snore think its a joke. its not. you're an ass and I don't like you. Go get a sleep study and hook up a vacuum cleaner to your face. I only say this because of my job 
    St. Johns County, Florida
  • SoCalTim said:
    @TrailRunner , they are one in the same. Question, did u read my post? Everything you need to know about My Pillow is there.
    Yep thanks. Can't wait to finally get good sleep. 
  • @SoCalTim if I'm about 155lbs still go with the green? 
  • They are amazing. I have a premium and love it for the last 2 years. You can wash them every month or two. If you have a store close by stop and they will help custom fit you. They are always on sale and would not pay more than 50% off normal price. Customer service is wonderful and Hassel free returns or exchanges in 60 days. Sleeping position and mattress firmness makes a difference on what size you buy. 

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• Mac122:  sounds like you should be telling your coworkers. Can't do much about it from my end
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Mine should be here tomorrow. I checked out the buckwheat pillows on amazon but some had negative reviews. Can't wait give it a try.  
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Damn this place. Now ya got me buyin friggen pillows. You guys suck at spending my $$$$$.  :D

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• Tired of seeing commercials twice a day - bought 4 of them 2 months ago. All good.  
    Minneapolis / St. Paul. Large & Mini
  • I own these pillows, have for 4-5 years, spectacular product. I searched for years to find a pillow that made me comfortable.  

This Pillow fit the bill and I have not looked back since.  
  • bud812 said:
    Damn this place. Now ya got me buyin friggen pillows. You guys suck at spending my $$$$$.  :D
    I know the feeling. This site is a bad influence if you are trying to save money lol
    I had to resist that two-fer deal on the little PB coolers.