Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked Leftover Soup

Options
Thatgrimguy
Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
edited November 2015 in Soups, Stews, Chilis
Last night I made Beef Back Ribs, Ratatouille and Chicken. Tonight I turned that into soup! This soup is AMAZING! Holy cow. I will be making this double meal into our rotation a lot this winter! I don't see why you couldn't use any type of leftover BBQ, but having the bones to make a fresh stock is great.

Below are the 3 ingredients that went into the soup.

So, first I pulled most of the chicken meat off the bone. I set this aside for easy weeknight sandwiches and quesadillas.

Then I put the chicken bones and the beef rib leftovers (Nearly a full rack left) into a large stock pot.

I covered that in water and brought it to a boil.

After all the meat boiled off the bones, I fished the bones out and added all the leftover Ratatouille. 

When it came back to a boil, I let it roll for about another 5 minutes then turned the heat off and got ready to serve!!

XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum

Comments

• logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    Holy Mackerel, I'll bet that was incredible
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    I like when the left overs turn out just as good or better then the original cook.

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Brother Grim it looks fantastic. I'm sure that the Soup Gods are smiling down from above my friend. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Thatgrimguy
    Options
    texaswig said:
    I like when the left overs turn out just as good or better then the original cook.
    Last night's dinner was great. But very generic. We have eaten it tons of times. This soup was a first and it's definitely better than dinner last night. 
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Thatgrimguy
    Options
    logchief said:
    Holy Mackerel, I'll bet that was incredible

Thank you, it sure was!

SGH said:
    Brother Grim it looks fantastic. I'm sure that the Soup Gods are smiling down from above my friend. 
    I'm not really a huge soup person. But dang this was great. The smoke flavor came through but wasn't overpowering. I may actually smoke the soup next time.
  • Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
    Yes sir that would be in my rotation for sure.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I'm not really a huge soup person. 
    I hear ya brother. In general I much prefer large quantities of meat myself. However there are a few soups that really are excellent in their own right. Yours certainly appears to be one of them. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• EggSmokeVa
    Options
    Looks great! That back yard is awesome
    Large BGE
    36" BlackStone
    Backwoods G2 Party
    Yard full of other stuff to cook on

RVA -> Chesapeake Va
    Professional Drinker & Home Cook