Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Blackstone Patio Oven is LEGIT

cazzy
cazzy Posts: 9,136
I finally bit the bullet and bought the patio oven that @DMW has been teasing me with for a year.   Today was my first test and I'm very pleased so far.  After the 2nd and 3rd pie, I figured out what settings I need to use between and during the pies.  Most pies took about 120 seconds.  Made 12 pies and gave 4 away to my neighbors and the others fed the fam and our guests.

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Yeah man, glad to see you finally got in on the fun!
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    That looks awesome. I've been attempting to hold out until I can afford to build a Forno Bravo but this may have to suffice. From the looks of it it makes one mean pie. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • cazzy
    That looks awesome. I've been attempting to hold out until I can afford to build a Forno Bravo but this may have to suffice. From the looks of it it makes one mean pie. 
    I want one too, but I'll wait for the next house.  This definitely passed my test today with flying colors.  
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Great looking pies!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Great looking pies. My eggs have not seen a pizza since I bought one. It is amazing. 
  • Sonny3
    Sonny3 Posts: 455
    Oh Great!  I have two eggs, planning on a Blackstone Griddle and now this.  Joining this forum is going to take all of my retirement money.  May have to go back to work.  Time to go back to the drawing board on the plans for the new and improved outdoor kitchen.

Seriously those pies look great.  I have a question though.  Did you not like the way the pizzas turned out in the egg?  I haven't tried them yet, still on my list of first time cooks.
    Titusville, Fl. and just bought XL and Med BGE.  "Every Day is A Bonus" in my world, and my job is to choke the life out of them. Cancer Sucks.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    @cazzy, ^^^^ my question too.  Love pies off the egg.  What's the sell brother?
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • cazzy
    Sonny3 said:
    Oh Great!  I have two eggs, planning on a Blackstone Griddle and now this.  Joining this forum is going to take all of my retirement money.  May have to go back to work.  Time to go back to the drawing board on the plans for the new and improved outdoor kitchen.

Seriously those pies look great.  I have a question though.  Did you not like the way the pizzas turned out in the egg?  I haven't tried them yet, still on my list of first time cooks.
    They were good...definitely a hit with guests when we had pizza parties.  However, the BS is much quicker and produces surperior results.  I also feel like I turned out much more consistent pies off the BS.
  • cazzy
    bgebrent said:
    @cazzy, ^^^^ my question too.  Love pies off the egg.  What's the sell brother?
    How bout being ready to toss a pie on in less the 10 minutes with almost zero effort.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    That'll do it!  Thank you!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Blackstones? Komodo Kamados? Big Units? Before you know it rotomotomolded coolers will start popping up. What has the forum come to ;)
    On a serious note, congrats on the new rig and great looking pies. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Those pies look spot on Cazzy.  I love my BS flattop, and I looked into this oven because I've been so happy.    Twelve % of the reviews were 1 star, so it scared me off.  Will be following this thread intently, because I really want one.
    Phoenix 
  • cazzy
    blasting said:
    Those pies look spot on Cazzy.  I love my BS flattop, and I looked into this oven because I've been so happy.    Twelve % of the reviews were 1 star, so it scared me off.  Will be following this thread intently, because I really want one.
    @DMW has one and so do a few others.  @Zippylip is very respected on GE and here for his pizza skills.  From what I recall, he really likes his too! 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    Terrific looking pies, man. I convinced a friend to get one, so I can eat great pizzas whenever I visit them :) Has paid off in spades so far.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Those look fantastic. I really like my Italia pizza oven that works with my  Camp Chef Expedition as well. Does a great job on pizzas.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC