Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Beef for tomorrow ummm and right now!!

Options
A31unit
A31unit Posts: 199
edited October 2015 in EggHead Forum
 This Big Green Egg of mine never ceases to amaze me. Every time I cook on it I am happier I bought it!  Wife bought a beef chuck she was gonna do in the crockpot this week. No no no no no!!  There has to be a way to make this hunk o cow taste better than that.  Of course!  Let me consult the forum....
went on at about 11:30am coated with yellow mustard and Meat Church Holy Cow Rub.

Nothing tricky.  Cooked at 250 for a long time.  Seemed to stall forever in the 145-160 area.  Once I was at 160ish I wrapped dry in foil and put it back on with a bump to 275.  Temp started moving steadily from here on out.  And since we had already ate dinner I was a bit more patient.

Finally pulled it at about 9pm at 210 degrees. Took a lot longer than expected but as I have been instructed by a reputable egghead "The cow always wins"!  Not only did it probe like buttah but pulled apart the same!  Yes. I had a second dinner.

LBGE. Plate setter, PS Woo2, Flame Boss 200.  Moorestown, South Jersey (about 15 min outside of Philly, Don't hold it against me.  I would most likely rather live where you are)

Comments

• ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    Options
    Well done! Nothing better than pulled beef.
    Next time, don't be afraid to crank the temp up right from the start.  I've done a ton of these and the high temp doesn't hurt the final product.  I go 275º dome minimum and higher depending on exactly when I want it finished.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Awesome looking grub. Solid all the way around.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    That is one fine looking 2nd supper!!  I'm prefer pulled beef over its swine cousin any day.  You did it justice by letting patience rule the cook.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    That is a mighty fine lookin piece of beef...
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • byrne092
    byrne092 Posts: 746
    Options
    Nice!
    XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Just sat down at my computer thinking I was stuffed.  Fat dumb and happy as they say.

Then I see this^^, and I could eat all over again.  I think I need an intervention.

Phoenix 
  • Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    I will rush beef for the finish but never in the beginning. Some swear by turbo everything and I'm fine with that for everything but beef. Beef in my opinion needs the tender love and care that you gave it and it looks spectacular. Nicely Done!!!
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    Looks absolutely delicious! :peace: 
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    Great cook and result.  Well-done.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    I was going to make pulled beef a week ago and didn't get the chance.  This post is making me really regret not doing it.  Maybe this weekend!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio