Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just went to local dealer...

Options
...to buy a plate setter for my LBGE that I had ordered.  While they were getting it from the back, I was looking around the store and they had a demo XL (with nest, mates, & plate setter) that had been used a few times during store cookouts.  They had it all marked for sale at $999, as is.

What I originally thought was a salesman approached me and we started chatting about it.  He told me he'd sell it to me for $799 and include a warranty.  He turned out to be the owner of the store.

I bought my plate setter, came home and told my wife she needed to do a good job of convincing me to not go back and buy it.  Her first response was, "how many more ribs can you fit on it."  Not quite helpful. 

The dilemma is that I just bought my LBGE two weeks ago.  It seems like a great deal, but do I really need an XL too?

Comments