Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wanted to share the carrier I built for my Mini Egg

Options
I use my mini mainly for camping and any place I need a portable grill. I wanted a weather proof carrier because while camping it stays outside all the time. I also wanted it to be light weight and to have shelves. I like having my accessories right there, the table it sits on is small, not alot of room. Also storage in the camper is a premium, so small is key. So I made it with some stuff around the shop, mainly 3/16" aluminum plate. Alot heavier than needed, but it was here and readily available. Add some stainless hardware and here it is. The shelves are 3 position. They lock into place with quick pins and can be adjusted in a few seconds. Position one is folded up for carry, position two the shelves are folded out 90* to allow more ventilation while cooking if need be,and can carried or moved as well. The third position is the shelves opened. Finally got to use the the other night and fired it up, It worked great and cannot wait to get it in the woods.

Comments