Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT. Big thanks to my forum friends

The last 24 days had been tough,my wife has been in hospital shes had stage 4 cancer for 3 1/2 years,had 41 rounds of chemo and some radiation and nothing working any longer.Over the last year she's been to M D Anderson and Vanderbilt but they couldn't do anything either. She is sedated now because of terrible pain,don't think she'll go home but if she does it will be with hospice. It's really sad shes only 53.I want to think this forum and the people on her just for being who you are,it gives me peace to read and visit and helps thru the difficult times.I don't know any of you but it seems you are some of my best friends.

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    My heart truly breaks for yall brother. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• RaleighGuy
    RaleighGuy Posts: 207
    You and your wife will be in our prayers tonight. 

Eddie

Raleigh, NC

• abpgwolf
    abpgwolf Posts: 558
    I am so sorry to hear that. I will definitely be thinking of and praying for you and your wife. May God bless you with the peace that passes all understanding during this difficult time. 

Lititz, PA – XL BGE

• Sardonicus
    Sardonicus Posts: 1,700
    My wife and I pray you peace.

"Too bad all the people who know how to run the country are busy driving cabs and barbecuing."      - George Burns

• ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Prayers for you and your family my friend!!
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Our prayers are with you and yours as well. 
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,545
    God Bless and you are in my daily prayers..May God look over your Wife.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    I am so sorry to hear this news. Nothing I can say to ease the pain I know.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Very sorry to hear of this news ... your wife and your family will be in our prayers.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    My family and I are sending prayers your way! 
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    My prayers are with you, family, and friends. Please let us know if we can help out in any possible way. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Nothing is harder than losing a loved one. Glad you can find some escape in this forum. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    I'm terribly sorry to hear that. I hope that you can find strength in The Lord during these difficult times. 
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Man, truly sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers your way
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    My heart is with you brother, I work Onc.
    She is a true warrior.  There is peace and comfort in knowing that you both have explored all options, and have done everything humanly possible.  

It's been two years since my mom has passed from stage IV Colon CA.....sucks.   
    You, and yours, will be in my thoughts. 

Fock cancer.  

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    @tcampbell   I'm very sorry to hear what you and your wife are going through.  Sometimes life doesn't make much sense.
    Phoenix 
  • LKNEgg
    LKNEgg Posts: 339
    Family is in our prayers!  
    Large BGE - 2014
    FB 200, KAB, AR - 2015
    Lake Norman area of NC
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten!

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing!

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    i hope your wife and the rest of the family find as much peace as possible through this obviously difficult time.  My heart and prayers go out to you all. 

Greensboro, NC
  • tcracing
    tcracing Posts: 378
    Prayers for you and your family.
    George Foreman? Who? 
    Tim C. Panama City, Fl. 
    Large, Minimax-soon
  • CDPlaya
    CDPlaya Posts: 81
    Truly sorry to have-this happen to good people . Thoughts and prayers go out to you and family. God Bless 
    "One Job at a Time, One Day at a Time" 
    " Stop and smell the Roses " Life is too Short
  • Ivanhoe
    Ivanhoe Posts: 223
    Prayers sent your way Mr Campbell
    Tulare, CA - Large BGE
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    My prayers are for your comfort, peace, and hope.  God bless..... 
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Ours prayers for you, your wife and family
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,794
    I'm very sorry.  I hope to meet you some day.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    God Bless You and your family! It must be so hard for you. Please remain strong. We are all so helpless in these situations, with prayer and faith you will find comfort.
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• Smokinpig
    Smokinpig Posts: 739
    Prayers to you and your family. 

LBGE Atlanta, GA