Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Amazon money to burn

Options
I have some amazon gift cards to burn, about 150 bucks worth. Looking at getting some egg stuff. I have the rectangle Lodge griddle and a 5 qt dutch oven. I have the adjustable rig with both oval and round stones. I use a heat gun for lighting. 

What should i get? 7 qt dutch oven, a skillet, a wok, some bbq rub? I know i want that ringer thing for cleaning the cast iron. Any recommendations for gloves i can hold super hot stuff that wont soak through with grease and burn me anyways? 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

Comments

• Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    Do you have a Thermapen by chance..
    Or a good remote thermometer?
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Options
    Oh yeah, ive had a thermapen since the day i got my egg!!! I dont use a remote thermometer, i cook by feel and i trust the egg wont steer me wrong!

• biggreenrob
    biggreenrob Posts: 194
    Options
    I love Amazon gift cards.  I was checking this out for myself.

Luxury Stainless Cooking Grid for Large Big Green Egg by High-Que
    Luxury Stainless Cooking Grid for Large Big Green Egg 
    by High-Que 
    http://amzn.com/B007XNQFAG
    LBGE | DigiQ | SW Cap | KAB | iGrill2 | CI PS | PSWoo2 | HQ Grid | Extender
    Mini Max | PartyQ | KAB | CGW 2-Tier (Mod) | Woo w/Stone | SW Cap (mod) | CI13 
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    If you like fast delicious meals you owe it to yourself & your family to get a wok.  Mine gets used almost as much as my woo2.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • Grillin_beers
    Grillin_beers Posts: 1,345
    Options
    Blackstone griddle?  I'm loving mine.  It's a great compliment to the egg.  
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    The blackstone is in the want list, but i currently live with the inlaws and the deck out back is crowded with my egg, and a table with my weber smokey joe silver and q200 propane setup. And my accessory container. The blackstone isnt in the cards right now, but i want to get one and ditch the q200. Im all set on cooking grates, i have the stock, two 13x17, and the d grid from CGS. 

Currently thinking 7qt DO, 12" (or 10", i have a lbge) CI skillet, and the ringer cleaner. And i think i can still squeeze a wok in, which one from amazon should i get? 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,802
    Options
    In your title it says: "money to burn". I sure would like to know that feeling just once.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• milesvdustin
    Options
    I guess i should have put gift cards to burn. 

I found woks on there under the town food service name, any good? They get great reviews. 

So far i have the 12" pan, 7qt DO, scrubber, and a wok. Bamboo or metal utensils? Or should i skip the DO since i have a 5qt one already?

• SGH
    Options
    I guess i should have put gift cards to burn. 

I was just messing with you brother. A attempt at humor if you will. Hope that you find what you are looking for.  

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    I purchased these gloves and so far so good. Hard to find good heat resistant gloves in an XXL size (11.5) but these I can get into with a little squeeze. Hopefully others will chime in with other suggestions.
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    I just want some good pieces to use on the egg. I love the ci griddle for burgers.

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    Options
    With your current living situation I'd get something for the in laws that they would appreciate. Sounds like most of the stuff you are thinking about can be had at a different time. 

I'd definitely say if you don't have high heat gloves to get some however.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,246
    Options
    SGH said:
    In your title it says: "money to burn". I sure would like to know that feeling just once.  
    Hell that's how I thought you fired up Unit 1 @SGH
  • DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 895
    Options
    I like silicone gloves, you can use them wet, and if I don't put them on, just double them like a pot holder, I can bring a cast iron dutch oven at 600f from the egg to the kitchen with them.

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• SGH
    Options
    SGH said:
    Hell that's how I thought you fired up Unit 1 @SGH
    I wish brother Double. I certainly wish. 

Status- Standing by.

• dmirish1
    dmirish1 Posts: 115
    Options
    I purchased these gloves and so far so good. Hard to find good heat resistant gloves in an XXL size (11.5) but these I can get into with a little squeeze. Hopefully others will chime in with other suggestions.

I too got gloves just like these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RUBZNDQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

They have done an absolutely wonderful job at all temps so far.

Winchester, Virginia LBGE, MiniMax

• milesvdustin
    Options
    What about these? Will a stone or anything melt them? www.amazon.com/Highest-Rated-Resistant-Silicone-Gloves/dp/B00HLPXL80/ref=pd_sbs_201_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=17PYKC5K3PDX7G54BKRA

• dmirish1
    dmirish1 Posts: 115
    Options
    Those say "Heat Resistant Durability For Temperatures Up To 425 Degrees Fahrenheit" I didn't go with these since I do pizza and wanted something that could handle up to 700 degrees.  The other ones are supposed to be good up to 932 degrees.

Winchester, Virginia LBGE, MiniMax

• HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    dmirish1 said:

I too got gloves just like these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RUBZNDQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

They have done an absolutely wonderful job at all temps so far.

Yeah - looks like someone makes the gloves in different colors and logos for various companies - they are all the same glove. Just like those silicone ones.
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options

by High-Que 

I like mine. Had it for a couple of years now. And works great on the Woo. 2 twists and it is on.

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • biggreenrob
    biggreenrob Posts: 194
    Options
    Hotch said:

by High-Que 

I like mine. Had it for a couple of years now. And works great on the Woo. 2 twists and it is on.

Thanks - @Hotch !  I was wondering if this would fit a Woo2.  I just pulled the one-click buy trigger.
    LBGE | DigiQ | SW Cap | KAB | iGrill2 | CI PS | PSWoo2 | HQ Grid | Extender
    Mini Max | PartyQ | KAB | CGW 2-Tier (Mod) | Woo w/Stone | SW Cap (mod) | CI13 
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Yes sir
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX