Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Belly Buns on the BGE

Options
Raining here in the UK. Supposedly "summer" time, should be used to it by now. Calls for some comfort food. My take on Momofuku pork buns using shop bought buns as the real thing are a pain in the ass to make! 

1 hour at 230c/450c having salted the pork belly for a while beforehand. Then another hour at least at 130c/270f, with the final hour skin side down with foil over the tray. 

Big knife required to cut through the crunchy bottom and crispy skin. 

Lovely juicy meat....

Split bun covered both sides with hoisin sauce, pickled cucumber, sliced spring onion (salad onion, green onion, scallion???) and a sprinkle of chopped coriander (cilantro).  

Goodness me (holy sh*t) that tastes good!! 

If you can't get the frozen buns in the US (you struggle to get them over here) then David Chang's recipe is widely available on the internet. Pain to make, but well worth it. 

As usual, without wanting to shove it down your throats, full details on my blog www.criggybites.com 

Cheers!
Chris
Northamptonshire, UK
Twitter - @criggybarbar
Blog - www.criggybites.com

Comments