Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Floored by the generosity of Cen Tex Smoker

Options
500 Posts: 3,177
edited July 2015 in EggHead Forum
So a few days ago, I make a comment on Henapple's "Ceramic Topper" post, just sharing my own experience, and "The Cen-Tex Smoker"  pops in and offers his ceramic cap to me.  Such generosity makes you want to believe in humanity.  He not only ships the cap the very next day, he includes all of this...

Five rubs, and numerous sheets of the prized peach butcher paper that's all the rave.  You, brother, are a special person.  Can I get a slow clap for Cen Tex?
I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
Member since 2009

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,735
    Options
    He's a good guy when he's sober... Better when he's not! 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    Options
    Member since 2009
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,795
    Options
    Brother Tex is certainly one of the good guys without question or doubt. That was mighty fine of him for sure.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Centex is a good dude!  He sent me one of his spare caps too!  Thanks man!  After reading your post, I went to open my box to see if I got any of his super secret brisket rub too.  Sadly, I did not and the paper was crumpled.  :bawling: 

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,638
    Options
    Just to be clear @henapple I'm just sending the cap. 
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,208
    Options
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Bernie Sanders disapproves of Chuck Norris' approval.

Options
    He gave me 1000 pairs of Dickies once.
  • jak7028
    jak7028 Posts: 231
    Options
    I told my wife that it was a pleasure to be a part of a board that its members are respectful of others, open to sharing and takes care of their own. Many of the sports boards are filled with in fighting and constant disagreement. The common thread here is positive....and I appreciate it in a big way. Cook on my friends.
    You couldn't be more accurate on this forum and others.  Very refreshing to see a board like this.  Instead of attacking and making fun of people, everyone seems to want to help and share ideas.  
    Victoria, TX - 1 Large BGE and a 36" Blackstone
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    jak7028 said:
    I told my wife that it was a pleasure to be a part of a board that its members are respectful of others, open to sharing and takes care of their own. Many of the sports boards are filled with in fighting and constant disagreement. The common thread here is positive....and I appreciate it in a big way. Cook on my friends.
    You couldn't be more accurate on this forum and others.  Very refreshing to see a board like this.  Instead of attacking and making fun of people, everyone seems to want to help and share ideas.  
    I come from mostly aquarium forums. I must say, people get angry and rude here SO much faster than on the aquarium forums. And people spend way more money and time on their aquariums. I guess saltwater has a way of calming the nerves.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I come from mostly aquarium forums. I must say, people get angry and rude here SO much faster than on the aquarium forums. And people spend way more money and time on their aquariums. I guess saltwater has a way of calming the nerves.
    I take issue to that!  We are f***ing friendly here!  We are not rude and if you disagree, then you suck!

heh, heh, heh!  Just having a little fun there.
    Flint, Michigan
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    I take issue to that!  We are f***ing friendly here!  We are not rude and if you disagree, then you suck!

Jack***, who asked for your opinion?  =)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options

This used to be a much friendlier place. I like it better now...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    As SGH noted Cen-Tex is a good dude, when I do brisket he is very helpful for tips and all around moral support. That was very generous of him to send the cap and goodies kinda makes you wish the rest of the world was like people on this forum.
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    There are some real stand up dudes on this site!!  That's what I love about it!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • MrWilliams
    MrWilliams Posts: 112
    Options
    Nice guy to send all of that stuff.  I had never heard of "peach butcher paper".  Have been wanting to cook a brisket (first one) so maybe i'll pick some up.
    XL BGE & Mini - CT USA
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    DMW said:

You moron! It's I remember when this used to be a much more friendlier place. Get it right!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Options
    Nice guy to send all of that stuff.  I had never heard of "peach butcher paper".  Have been wanting to cook a brisket (first one) so maybe i'll pick some up.
    @MrWilliams , the paper thread is HERE.
    Member since 2009
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    DMW said:

You moron! It's I remember when this used to be a much more friendlier place. Get it right!
    Piss off hoser!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    DMW said:

Piss off hoser!
    Wow!  Look at you John!  Favourite?  Hoser?  "You can take a man out of Texas, but can you take Texas out of the man?"
    I'm beginning to think you can.
    Flint, Michigan
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    DMW said:

Piss off hoser!
    Wow!  Look at you John!  Favourite?  Hoser?  "You can take a man out of Texas, but can you take Texas out of the man?"
    I'm beginning to think you can.
    When in Rome....

Still don't really have any interest in ice hockey though!
    Options
    I'm still trying to imagine what an argument on an aquarium forum would look like.
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    I need a tissue.
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,676
    Options
    For a 4'10" Filipino the man stands Tall! 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Legume said:
    I'm still trying to imagine what an argument on an aquarium forum would look like.
    @Legume - probably like this: http://www.myaquariumclub.com/im-fighting-an-epic-battle-with-algae-im-doing-like-60-wc-every-other-d...-347564.html

Options
    You want to get aquarium nerds mad, just say "LEDs won't grow corals"

And let the flaming begin!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum