Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

July 4th cook

Options
Looking for a few opinions please. I got my AR R&B combo with the extender on Friday. Tonight, just to get it broken in a little, I cooked a dozen chicken legs. I wanted to test the sliding racks and the convenience of the multiple levels. I would like to cook something on the 4th for a few friends. I thought about doing a brisket, but have never cooked one before and am a little hesitant to do a first one when people are counting on a meal...The other thing I thought about cooking is two spatchcock chickens. Have done a few of those one at a time, and would like to try multiples. Thoughts?   TKS
Franklinville, Western NY

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
    Options
    Do what you're comfortable with! If you've got a LBGE then you can easily fit two spatchcocked birds on there.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    Do spatchcock or wings, hard to miss.  Good luck!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Duuane
    Duuane Posts: 65
    Options
    sounds like a plan...that's the direction I was leaning. I do want to do a brisket, but I guess I'll wait for another time.  TKS
    Franklinville, Western NY