Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First attempt at BGE S'mores

Options
Monty77
Monty77 Posts: 667
edited June 2015 in Desserts
I am not usually a fan of desserts, would much rather fill up on the main course.  Tonight I was asked to make some S'mores on the Egg and I didn't mind trying something new.

I got some sugar cones, mini and regular marsh mellows, Hershey's milk chocolate bars, chocolate chips, and something different for the group.  

I added 3 mini marsh mellows to the cone, then about 8-10 chips, then one regular marsh mellow, and a piece of the Hershey's chocolate bar.  For a slight curveball, I also added chunks of Skor or Caramilk bars to the sides for a little treat in every odd cone.  

Egg was setup for indirect at 350*, and I used my grilled peppers rack for AbT's to keep them upright.  They cooked for 11 minutes for this round, I removed when the chocolate was melty and the top of the marsh mellow was browned.  Cooled for just under a minute and served.  

I gotta say I really enjoyed these little treats and so did the gang.  I would definitely make them again, maybe with a few more surprises mixed in as well.  

Large BGE 2011, XL BGE 2015, Mini Max 2015, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from London, Ontario, Canada

https://www.flickr.com/photos/monty77/

Comments