Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Porkopolis EggFest Cincinnati-Who is attending?

Options
I am going this year for the second time, July 11th at Germania Park. Any other Forum members going? Great shaded park and they have beer on tap! Oh and the cooking demos and food is good too! Let me know would love to hook up and meet any other Forum members.

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.

Comments

• Egghead_Daron
    Options
    I am still pissed at the Mrs. for scheduling our vacation then. I have cooked at it the last two years and it is awesome! @fasteddiem does a great job.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    @evie1370 We will be attending this year. More of a precursor to cooking next year. Looking to meet the group and get a heads up for next year.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • bodski
    bodski Posts: 463
    Options
    We will be attending with several recent converts, who aren't on the forum yet. Have been to the last two - well organized and great location.

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle

• EggObsessed
    EggObsessed Posts: 786
    Options
    @evie1370:  We will be attending this year for the first time.  Thinking we'll come back to cook next year.  Looking forward to meeting new faces!
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Big_Green_Craig Posts: 1,578
    Options
    It's already on my calendar for next year! @fasteddiem
  • Stuckinohio
    Stuckinohio Posts: 22
    edited June 2015
    Options
    My wife and I will be there. Question....I know you mentioned they have beer vendors. Are you aware about whether or not there are vendors there with QUALITY bourbon? I know it's a very long shot, given that it's in Cincinnati, but thought I would check, nonetheless. I'm not above packing a bottle of Blanton's in my truck on the event beer is the only adult beverage on site. :-)
  • Egghead_Daron
    Options
    I don't recall them having full bar. But I was only drinking beer so I'm not positive. They do have good beers.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    July 11? Are there tickets to be bought? Where is Germania Park? I lived in the area for a few years, not that far from Louisville. We have a pretty tight schedule for the summer, would really like to work it in. Is there a link?
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • marysvilleegger
    Options
    This is on  my radar if it works out...Went last year.   Awesome eggfest!
  • bodski
    bodski Posts: 463
    Options
    @YukonRon. It's on Kemper Rd between Hamilton Ave (US 127) and Colerain (US 27) in the Northwest section of Cincinnati. It's not far off I-275. 

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle

• CincyTiki
    CincyTiki Posts: 346
    Options
    Very much looking forward to it. Great location and well run by EddieM and team.

@stuckinohio we can always arrange a forum members trip to Old Kentucky Bourbon Bar :)
    (if you like bourbon and have not been, ya gotta go, over 300 bourbons and rye!)
    Enjoying life in Cincinnati, Ohio - Large BGE & MiniMax BGE
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I'll be in attendance again this year as well.

Here's the website if anybody's interested:

http://porkopoliseggfest.com/index.html
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• YEMTrey
    Options
    Just bought our tickets.  The wife and I will be in attendance.
    Steve 

• YEMTrey
    Options
    I see that Hi Que and Kick Ash Basket are on the sponsors/donors listing.  Does anybody happen to know if they will have booths with merchandise as well?

Steve 

• evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506
    Options
    My wife and I will be there. Question....I know you mentioned they have beer vendors. Are you aware about whether or not there are vendors there with QUALITY bourbon? I know it's a very long shot, given that it's in Cincinnati, but thought I would check, nonetheless. I'm not above packing a bottle of Blanton's in my truck on the event beer is the only adult beverage on site. :-)

@stuckinohio no bourbon vendors, and they do not let you bring in alcohol (though i am sure you could get a flask in). Bourbon is big in Cincy due to KY just being across the river, a friend of mine runs a new start up distillery at the Party Source should have it in a couple years.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • evie1370
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    July 11? Are there tickets to be bought? Where is Germania Park? I lived in the area for a few years, not that far from Louisville. We have a pretty tight schedule for the summer, would really like to work it in. Is there a link?

@yukonRon tickets still available, even for cooks which is odd. link is
    http://porkopoliseggfest.com/index.html

"

• evie1370
    Options
    :) Thanks guys for all the quick responses! This will be my second EggFest in Cincy and like some of you it will be a precursor to maybe cooking next year. I have had the Egg only about a year so not too comfortable doing that yet.

We will have to figure out how to meet up/recognize each other. That or I can wear a name tag..HA!

"

• YukonRon
    Options
    @evie1370 - Just found out from SWMBO, we have tickets to the U2 concert in Boston, she set it up and it is really a cool deal, so I will definitely be there in2016. Got preferred seats, and a meet and greet in the deal. Not that U2, Bono or the edge could ever replace the opportunity of meeting fellow eggers at a food throw down, just she bought the tix and I have to go.Thank you for the information I will be there 2016.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    @bodski - Thank you for the information. The princess (SWMBO) has put together quite a summer for us. I was hoping to make it, But it will have to be 2016. going to Boston to see U2.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • evie1370
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    @evie1370 - Just found out from SWMBO, we have tickets to the U2 concert in Boston, she set it up and it is really a cool deal, so I will definitely be there in2016. Got preferred seats, and a meet and greet in the deal. Not that U2, Bono or the edge could ever replace the opportunity of meeting fellow eggers at a food throw down, just she bought the tix and I have to go.Thank you for the information I will be there 2016.

Hey, you can't argue with that alternative! See you in 2016

"

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,027
    Options
    Fasteddiem is one of the best eggheads around.  I've never meet him personally but he has contributed sooooo much to the egg community.  I hear he puts on one hell of a fest!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Stuckinohio
    Options
    We are looking forward to it. I'm fixin to hop on and buy tickets here directly. See you all there!!
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    I will be there, no doubt
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • Stuckinohio
    Options
    I'm thinking a meet and greet is in order. Or maybe a "meat and toast!" Lol
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Sorry.  Last week's experience with Ohio's ubiquitous construction on I-75 was enough for me.  Hopefully next year.
    Flint, Michigan
  • YEMTrey
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Sorry.  Last week's experience with Ohio's ubiquitous construction on I-75 was enough for me.  Hopefully next year.
    I hear you on that!  I drive to and from the office in that everyday.  There are accidents all the time and South Bound was completely shutdown for this mornings commute.  They've got it all F'd up.
    Steve 

• YEMTrey
    Options
    This weekend bump!  Any new attendee's?  Going to be a great time!
    Steve 

• Hotch
    Options
    YEMTrey said:

@YEMTrey We will be there both Friday night and on Saturday. Are you cooking? If so I will stop by. If not maybe we will see you there.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • evie1370
    Options
    Hotch said:
    YEMTrey said:

@YEMTrey We will be there both Friday night and on Saturday. Are you cooking? If so I will stop by. If not maybe we will see you there.

Not cooking this year, will do so next year. I want to check everything out in preparation for that.  I will be there Saturday, hope to see a lot of people there!

"

• Hotch
    Options
    ya'll me up. I will be the only one with a LONGHORN hat I believe 
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX