Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anova Precision Sous Vide Cooker w/ Bluetooth $129 + Free Shipping

Options
2»

Comments

• Hokie_Smoker
    Hokie_Smoker Posts: 662
    Options
    DMW said:
    Well it looks like the price has dropped even more, $99 on Amazon! I'm going to call Anova and try to get my $30.

http://slickdeals.net/f/7888653-anova-precision-sous-vide-cooker-99-free-shipping

That is for the first version, the ANOVA One. You got the newer ANOVA Precision Cooler, which includes Bluetooth.
    Thanks. I was afraid I got ripped off. Mine was delivered today and I am really impressed with the build quality. I picked up a London Broil from the farmer's market this morning. I've got it in at 120 degrees, after a few hours, to the Egg for a sear.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• Parkersquared
    Options
    Is the Bluetooth worth it or would the 99 dollar one be fine?
    Wiggins, MS
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Is the Bluetooth worth it or would the 99 dollar one be fine?
    Just ordered the ANOVA ONE, $105 shipped to  US address - unbeatable. Bluetooth not a big deal for me and I like the way the ONE works. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • njl
    njl Posts: 1,123
    Options
    The biggest downside to the One is the non-adjustable mounting bracket depth.  Your vessel has to be deep enough to accommodate it.  One other annoyance...a brown-out will stop your cook on a One.  I suspect it will on the newer one, but haven't found out yet.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    njl said:
    The biggest downside to the One is the non-adjustable mounting bracket depth.  Your vessel has to be deep enough to accommodate it.  One other annoyance...a brown-out will stop your cook on a One.  I suspect it will on the newer one, but haven't found out yet.
    Brown out? We don't have such things here on the left coast - when in Chicago, I do remember the TV picture shrinking as the power dropped and everyone's AC roared.
    Regarding the depth adjustment, the pots I use are cheap stock pots, the kind that are almost disposable if you actually put any heat to them, less than $10 at local markets. For Trés Booblay they are fine. Have two or three different volumes so having the same unit is a plus for me.  
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • njl
    njl Posts: 1,123
    Options
    Brown out = power "goes out" for like a fraction of a second.  That's all it takes to have the One forget it was cooking something.  It'll power up (because it has an actual power switch, so it's "on" when the power comes back up to full V), know what temp it was set to, but not remember it was in the middle of a cook.  Very annoying when this happens in the middle of the night while slow cooking ribs.  If you have suitably deep vessels, other than the brownout issue, it's great.  Its faster at getting up to temp than the BT model and the UI is a little more straight-forward.