Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Favorite tater salad recipe

Phatchris
Phatchris Posts: 1,726
edited May 2015 in Sides
Anyone have a favorite easy potato salad recipe... My go to is a bit of a PIA, looking for quick and simple, yet still good.

http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/creamy-cucumber-and-grilled-potato-salad

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    http://www.epicurious.com/archive/blogs/editor/2011/06/myron-mixons-killer-potato-salad.html

This is my favorite. Not exactly simple but probably a little less work then the one you posted above (which looks incredible by the way). 

If you want really simple my wife and MIL do a simple southern tater salad with red or yellow potatoes and then just mayo, mustard, relish, salt and pepper.  

If you want REALLY simple then Publix tater salad is pretty darn good ;)

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited May 2015
    I wish I DID have one that I could call a favorite. I know what I want it to look and taste like, but I can't seem to make it!

Here's one I just found, but haven't made yet. It's not traditional potato salad, but it looks delicious. Potatoes, green beans, white beans - and no mayo! Healthier, but definitely not "normal". I'll be trying it soon! And watching this thread in hopes of a breakthrough. :)

EDIT... Forgot the link!
    http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2010/06/healthy-delicious-potato-salad-with-green-and-white-beans-recipe.html

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Phatchris
    May just try Kenji's classic potato salad... His recipes are usually good.
  • Phatchris
    I wish I DID have one that I could call a favorite. I know what I want it to look and taste like, but I can't seem to make it!

Here's one I just found, but haven't made yet. It's not traditional potato salad, but it looks delicious. Potatoes, green beans, white beans - and no mayo! Healthier, but definitely not "normal". I'll be trying it soon! And watching this thread in hopes of a breakthrough. :)
    The one I posted above, while not traditional at all kicks ass in the summer.
  • Phatchris
    http://www.epicurious.com/archive/blogs/editor/2011/06/myron-mixons-killer-potato-salad.html

This is my favorite. Not exactly simple but probably a little less work then the one you posted above (which looks incredible by the way). 

If you want really simple my wife and MIL do a simple southern tater salad with red or yellow potatoes and then just mayo, mustard, relish, salt and pepper.  

If you want REALLY simple then Publix tater salad is pretty darn good ;)
    Mixon's sounds good, maybe I'll do that without the eggs to save a step... Lazy dinner tonight.
  • Carolina Q

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Carolina Q
    Holy Moly, that green bean potato salad I linked above is absolutely awesome!!! For me, the beans needed to cook about 20 minutes, not the 4-5 called for, but that's the only change I made. 

Potatoes, green beans, cannellini beans (or whatever white beans you have), olive oil, cider vinegar, fresh basil, red onion, s&p. No mayo.

Dayumm, these are GOOD!! Easy too!

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Phatchris
    ^on my short list fo sho.... Looks killah!
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    A little different. ...Google the Green Egg forum suicide potatoes
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN