Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

So what is so great about Brisket

Options
1235»

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I am, totally
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I am, totally
    Mad, an ****, or a mad ****?

edit:  why are there only four asterisks in a$$hole?
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited April 2015
    Options
    cazzy said:
    @cazzy, I know I am going to start something hear, but not everyone cares how Texas does it.  I like it either way, but my favorite is burnt ends.  I don't usually put sauce on my burnt ends,  unless I am making the flat into them as SWMBO ask for them that way.  I just add a little more rub and back on the smoker at a little higher temp for about an hour.  Sauce is personal preference so I let others decide if it needs it or not, usually not.  Saying don't do burnt ends is like don't make pulled pork out of the money muscle on the pork butt.  =)

@tfhanson, do what you want, sliced or burnt ends.  Yes there is the Franklin way, but I learned from 8 time American Royal Grand Champion Chris Marks on how to make great brisket.  He also helped me learn how to make better pork butt and ribs.  You are doing just fine my friend.  Keep up the great work.

I thought you were ladeback...relax and enjoy some of your superfast internets. As JIC would say, I was just giving him the business.    =)  mainly because he said he would be compared to Texas greats and showed non Texas BBQ.   That's why I brought up Texas you silly man    ;)

Nobody cares about stubby finger's championships and KC BBQ isn't real barbeuce!  :tongue: 
    I was giving it back to.  It just seems sometimes on here when it comes to brisket there is only one way, the Texas Way.  Heck back before I was egging I used to do a great brisket in the oven.  I am just busting your chops.  I like all kinds of BBQ, lately here is KC I have tried some of the places that the Food Network said where good and was very disappointed.  Heck its hard to go out for a good streak anymore, because most places can't compare to what I can do on the egg.  We mostly go out for Mexican, Italian and Chinese, but if get done how to use the wok it may be done to 2.  I do a pretty good lasagna too, but prefer other things when we do Italian.  His fingers may be stubby, but he sure makes some great BBQ.  

Question though, if now one cares why is there over 500 teams competing ever year for the Grand Championship of BBQ here in KC.  Each area of the country has there type; Texas is big on Beef, Tennessee, the Carolina's and Georgia are pork and KC to me seams to do beef, pork, and chicken.  
    Oh I was purposely spewing **** to get a rise from you!  :tongue: 
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    I am, totally
    Mad, an ****, or a mad ****?

edit:  why are there only four asterisks in a$$hole?
    No asterisks needed if in a pic.
  • KenfromMI
    KenfromMI Posts: 742
    Options
    I dont trust the food network. I've tried several places they featured and was disappointed. One place I drove 3 hours out of the way from our B&B in California on vacation to go there. When I arrived I asked for the Ravioli combo as featured on DDD. They said we don't offer that. I said you served it to Guy Fieri on DDD and he said you offered it. They said nope, sorry. I said I flew from Michigan and drove 3 hours to have that Ravioli combo can you ask the chef. LOL..........he made it for me and guess what? Not as good as the Ravioli 10 minutes from my house. Another place in Cleveland I went to they bragged about. Smallest plate of Carbonara I've ever seen in my life. This BBQ Joint in Detroit was not only featured it won in the top 10 BBQ Joints in the U.S.  I can do 100 times better on my egg or my WSM. I won't even eat there after giving them three chances. 
    Dearborn MI
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    KenfromMI said:
    I dont trust the food network. I've tried several places they featured and was disappointed. One place I drove 3 hours out of the way from our B&B in California on vacation to go there. When I arrived I asked for the Ravioli combo as featured on DDD. They said we don't offer that. I said you served it to Guy Fieri on DDD and he said you offered it. They said nope, sorry. I said I flew from Michigan and drove 3 hours to have that Ravioli combo can you ask the chef. LOL..........he made it for me and guess what? Not as good as the Ravioli 10 minutes from my house. Another place in Cleveland I went to they bragged about. Smallest plate of Carbonara I've ever seen in my life. This BBQ Joint in Detroit was not only featured it won in the top 10 BBQ Joints in the U.S.  I can do 100 times better on my egg or my WSM. I won't even eat there after giving them three chances. 
    Now I have been to a few of the places on DDD and the food was good, but one is closed now.  I am becoming a BBQ Snob.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • bill37
    bill37 Posts: 127
    Options
    I grew up in KC ( barbeque capital of the world) and we smoked and grill everything. Beef, pork, lamb, fish and it all is good.. Brisket is my favorite and now I am in Colorado and you have to be careful so not to dry food out but if cook it correctly it is just as good as Missouri.