Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

This is Why I Live Here

Options
Parallel
Parallel Posts: 433
edited February 2015 in Off Topic
Sunset on the bayou after a sunny 70° day riding throughout South Louisiana... it's why I endure the suffocating heat of July and August.

My kids and our mutt at the Cajun hideaway.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    I'm with ya, but yours is better. NWGA ain't half bad and we don't have gnats
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    It was actually rather warm today, got up to 31*F here.

Snow and wind now and temps are going to rapidly drop. High for tomorrow is 11*F, low -4*F. I would really like to teleport to where you are.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @dmw there is nothing better than that view right there. I'm loving it.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    @Eggcelsior I don't mind the snow, kind of like it. But near 0 temps and winds combined, that I don't care for. Had a snow squall drop about an inch of snow this afternoon when I was getting the egg started and it was perfect out on the deck. The active snow makes things seem warmer as long as it isn't crazy windy.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    What are the bugs like on the face shield? Only good rides and great rides - enjoy. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options

i hear ya man, we get 115 in phoenix and dry heat is like oven, but today, here it was 80 and i had two of my bge's fired up and hung around the grill with a cold one in my hands.

• UrbanForestTurnings
    Options
    Love the view. Undecided on where to go once retired. Love sun and fishing. And still love the cold and snow. Don't like the 3am calls to plow it. Who knows. We do have some great micro brews here in Cincinnati . Might just visit egg heads :-? Have bourbon will travel.
  • Parallel
    Parallel Posts: 433
    edited February 2015
    Options
    What are the bugs like on the face shield? Only good rides and great rides - enjoy. 
    I don't wear a face shield only goggles. Which means I end up with bugs in my beard... not to mention the stone chips in my face... LOL.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    There's no place like home.
    There's no place like home.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• MediumRarely
    Options
    Pool is finished.  View is great.  BGE is enroute!  'nuff said.

Always act so that you can tell the truth about how you act.

• ShadowNick
    Options
    And to think I'm just excited about getting into the 20's today
    Pentwater, MI