Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whole beef tenderloin with Soy/Mustard paste, spice rub & worcestershire glaze

Options
Solson005
Solson005 Posts: 1,911
edited December 2014 in EggHead Forum
We picked up a 5 lb beef tenderloin and decided to make it for our Sunday family dinner. Since this was my first one to make I thumbed through some recipes and decided to go with one from Adam Perry Lang's Serious Barbecue. First up was to make the Soy / Mustard paste, spice rub & worcestershire glaze. 

First the paste, then the spice rub, followed by rubbing it down with oil. (not the greatest picture, sorry it blends in) 

I fired up the egg and got it stabilized at 450°. 

Then it was time to sear it on all 4 sides

Then the tenderloin got moved to the top of the Ceramic Grill Works Swing Rack and the temp got dialed down to 400°

After it hit 115° I used a thyme herb brush to put the worcestershire glaze & the apple juice spritzer on every couple of minutes until the thick end reached 128° 

After letting it rest for about 10 minutes, I made a board dressing with some EVOO, thyme from the herb brush, chives, salt & pepper

Here is a shot of it all cut up. Wow, talk about flavor! This turned out really good and will be made again!! 

And to finish it off we had the Pioneer Woman's Rum Cake which turned out great and almost had more rum than cake! 

It was a great day, I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays like we are! 
Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 

Comments