Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza Stuffed Pork Loin

Options
Brisket_Fanatic
Brisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,884
edited December 2014 in EggHead Forum
Hy-Vee had whole pork loins on sale for $1.99 per pound. Took a big chunk to keep whole and cut the rest into 1" chops. Took the maybe 4# piece and cut it like a book and then pounded it out to a uniform thickness. It's a balmy -36 windchill, -14 regular temp today in Sunny NW Iowa but it won't stop the egg! image Then I cut slices of smoked provolone I made a few weeks ago and placed on the loin. image Next up put down some pizza sauce. image Then a layer of turkey pepperoni image Then some black olives image Rolled up and into the frezzer to firm up for an hour. image Now time for the weave, got a couple longer in the middle to cover up the ends. image Wrapped, tied and onto the egg indirect at 350 with hickory chunk. Dusted the outside with Italian seasoning blend. Figured on about 2hours until internal is 145ish. image Time to pull as the temp is 147 and loosing some cheese. imageimage Let it rest for about 15 minutes, then Sliced and it was unbelievable! I may have to fry up a slice this am with some eggs........... image

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

Comments