Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Minimax came today!!!!

2»

Comments

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Looks like you have the same problem @NPHuskerFL‌ had when he got his MM. You need a table.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    My dealer is supposed to get in 4 today. Must bee starting to trickle out again. Hopefully the second wave is larger than the first.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    stemc33 said:

Looks like you have the same problem @NPHuskerFL‌ had when he got his MM. You need a table.

Yeah. Last night was just temporary. I gotta have some work space. I'm planning a metal table but I've promised the wife a deck first. She's already a little irritated this came first. :-@
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • r8rs4lf
    r8rs4lf Posts: 317
    Jeremiah said:
    Quick question if I could.... Can you use the standard ash tool on these? Seems like the vent opening on the bottom is on the smaller side and that it would be difficult to remove ash.
    There's no way to use the large ash tool. I'll have to figure something out. I'll probably buy another ash basket and cut it up to fit.

Ya I got my ash tool as part of the deal with the MM, but it's pretty much useless on it.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    I plan on cleaning out my Mini Max each time I use it.  Very easy to put on a gardening glove and push the ash out the vent with everything taken out of it.  This is how I clean my XL as well. 
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    @YEMTrey ... try a cheap paint brush ... cut/grind/sand down the handle until it fits in the vent holes in the fire box and you can clean vent holes at the same time.  Sounds OCD, but it's handy ... plus a brush helps get the crap out of the door groove.  And, brushes off the stuff that falls on the table. 

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    I use a shop vac on both the LBGE & MM. Super quick. I only do that after several cooks or right before a long L&S.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Jeremiah said:
    So after 3 months of making weekly payments then a month and a half waiting for it to show...it arrived today. I was having a generally crappy day till then too--but not anymore! Went ahead and got the platesetter, hopefully Santa has me a woo! :D But for now I'm grinning ear to ear. Did some wings to break her in... Actually over cooked them a little, I'll blame the Angry Orchard

Mine just arrived as well. Jeremiah is the harbinger of great news!
    LBGE, CGW Swing Rack, Baking Steel. Mini-Max on the way. 

Boston MA
  • Congrads. I'm actually jealous. You got yours yesterday and alr r day cooked on it. I have had mine 3 weeks and still have not lit it yet. :(
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Jeremiah

Congrads. I'm actually jealous. You got yours yesterday and alr r day cooked on it. I have had mine 3 weeks and still have not lit it yet. :(

It was lit maybe five minutes after I got it home. :D
  • Yeah yeah rub it in. I have been working 7 days a week now sense october. Can't wait till July to take my vacation.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,717
    Nice couple.
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Yeah Buddy!  Welcome to the MiniMax club!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Jeremiah said:
    It was lit maybe five minutes after I got it home. :D
    This is the sort of ambition that I really respect. For not farting around, please allow me.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• It took me about an hour to assemble and about five minutes after that I had it fired up and was cooking the only thing I had in the fridge. Dusted up some boneless chicken thighs and tossed them on. Really fun to cook on it and fired up to have it home.

Boston MA
  • dihtn
    dihtn Posts: 234

Jeremiah said:
    So after 3 months of making weekly payments then a month and a half waiting for it to show...it arrived today. I was having a generally crappy day till then too--but not anymore! Went ahead and got the platesetter, hopefully Santa has me a woo! :D But for now I'm grinning ear to ear. Did some wings to break her in... Actually over cooked them a little, I'll blame the Angry Orchard

Mine just arrived as well. Jeremiah is the harbinger of great news!
    Where are you guys from? I live in Indiana and hope mine will arrive soon.
  • Jeremiah
    Western South Carolina.
  • Boston, Massachusetts.

Boston MA