Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any Drink Recipe's

Anyone have a holiday drink recipe that appeals to the masses?  No egg nog drinks please.  A couple years ago I tired doing Brandy Alexanders and they went over like a lead balloon.  Not too many drinkers of the hard stuff.  So I am back to the drawing board looking for something that ordinary types might like.

Comments

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    If your audience isn't big on liquor, you could do Kir Royales - champagne and chambord (rasberry liqueur).  You really only need about half an ounce of chambord per glass.  It's often garnished with a cherry, but you would be fine with a mint sprig too, to make it more festive.
    NOLA
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited December 2014
    In Ontario we have government controlled liquor outlets. About the only thing the Liquor Control Board of Ontario does well is to put out this magazine.

( http://foodanddrink.ca/fooddrink/recipes.shtml }

Home page ....sorry

( http://foodanddrink.ca/fooddrink/index.shtml )

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• UncleFred
    UncleFred Posts: 458
    edited December 2014
    Last week... the BEST bartender in New Orleans made me one of these, (actually he wound up making me more than one, but that's besides the point).
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Remember the Maine is a classic cocktail courtesy of Charles H. Baker’s fine book, The Gentleman’s Companion. It draws its name from the ill-fated USS Maine and the pre Spanish-American War rallying cry, “Remember the Maine, to hell with Spain!”

Starting with the tried-and-true base of rye whiskey and sweet vermouth, it’s like a doctored Manhattan. From there, it skips the bitters and adds some Cherry Herring and a dash of Absinthe. The former lends some fruity sweetness to the cocktail while the latter rounds it out with an herbal tinge.

Give it a go.

Remember the Maine

2 oz rye whiskey
    3/4 oz sweet vermouth
    2 bar spoons Cherry Heering
    1/2 bar spoon absinthe

Stir all ingredients with ice, and strain into a chilled coupe.

San Diego, CA - Where I've mastered Curmudgeon..working on Recluse.
  • TylerA
    TylerA Posts: 85
    Get a 12 Ounce beer of your choosing Remove top Enjoy. Optional way to add class: pour in a glass after step 2
    LBGE
    Huffman, TX
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Wine is the most popular beverage at our get togethers.  You can make REAL sangria.  I'm completely happy with a coke zero can with Evan William.  
    Bonefish Grill’s White Sangria Recipe - I made this for some folks who don't like the taste of liquor and they were well received. Ingredients: Chardonnay - 4 oz Sparkling Champagne or Prosecco - 2 oz Mango juice/mango flavoring - 0.75-1 oz Cointreau/Triple Sec - 0.5 oz Soda Water - 1 oz Lime wedge - 2 wedges squeezed Cherry - 1 each Add simple sugar if sweeter drink is desired. Procedure: Squeeze 2 lime wedges over glass and drop in glass. Drop cherry in glass. Add ice to wine glass, filling it to the top. Add all ingredients to glass. Pour mixture into shaker tin and ROLL back and forth two times to thoroughly mix contents, pouring back in to wine glass. Fill glass to top again with ice. Light cinnamon sprinkle on top. Don’t forget your 2 cocktail straws.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    if you want them drunk.....fogcutters, disoronno godfathers, washington state apples.

the last two are crown based

you could also do a jello shot xmas tree but cosby jello shots might not be in the spirit of christmas
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • evie1370
    evie1370 Posts: 506

This one is a hit with my friends, I make a pitcher of it each time:

Captain Jack Rum-1 cup

Apple Cider: 4 cups

Bitters: couple dashes

Top it off with either Ginger Beer or what we do-Hard Cider. Our favorites are Green Goblin or any other tart Hard Cider.

Medium BGE in Cincinnati OH.

"

"I don't know what effect these men will have upon the enemy, but, by God, they frighten me. " Duke of Wellington, Battle of Waterloo.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    John Daly's with bourbon are really good.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Maker's Mark and a glass (glass optional)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Look up,"prosecco mojito"
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited December 2014
    Wife likes this:
    White Russian
    1/2 & 1/2
    Kahlua, Rum Chata & Tito's Vodka
    + a lil extra splash of Tito's. :)

Oh and she likes a good Mojito.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    I enjoy a good Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz or Shiraz Sauvignon, Merlot or pretty much any red wine. Not particularly crazy about white wines but, there have been a few from local surrounding vineyards with fruits that were palatable with different cuisines.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Ran across this in my news feed. I can not attest to it, but doesn't look to bad and the feedback from people wasn't bad.  Give it a go and let us know what you think.
    500 Posts: 3,177
    It's good to have options.  But not too many, or you'll be behind the bar all night.  You need time with your guests and the Egg.  Have options; a white, a red, beer, and a simple high ball of like Gin, with Cranberry Sierra Mist, with a lime wedge.  For dessert, offer a Kahlua and Cream, or mix that in a coffee.  And water.  Remember to drink water.  And then 2 Ibuprofen right before bedtime.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • Phatchris
    Phatchris Posts: 1,726
    What about a mulled wine?
  • TonyA
    TonyA Posts: 583
    Gin Sour with muddled mint & a Chambord floater.  Rocks.
  • Bwill
    Bwill Posts: 102
    Some great drink recipe's!  I will have to thoroughly investigate many of these.  
  • GrannyX4 said:
    Bonefish Grill’s White Sangria Recipe - I made this for some folks who don't like the taste of liquor and they were well received. Ingredients: Chardonnay - 4 oz Sparkling Champagne or Prosecco - 2 oz Mango juice/mango flavoring - 0.75-1 oz Cointreau/Triple Sec - 0.5 oz Soda Water - 1 oz Lime wedge - 2 wedges squeezed Cherry - 1 each Add simple sugar if sweeter drink is desired. Procedure: Squeeze 2 lime wedges over glass and drop in glass. Drop cherry in glass. Add ice to wine glass, filling it to the top. Add all ingredients to glass. Pour mixture into shaker tin and ROLL back and forth two times to thoroughly mix contents, pouring back in to wine glass. Fill glass to top again with ice. Light cinnamon sprinkle on top. Don’t forget your 2 cocktail straws.
    Sure looks nice that's for sure!
    Aurora,OH
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    Shot Glass + Patron=Great Drink
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,602
    lkapigian said:
    Shot Glass + Patron=Great Drink
    you had me at shot glass
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Scotch & soda, hold the soda.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,722
    edited December 2014
    Ice, Makers 46, and a rocks glass.

Sweet wines go over really well at nearly all parties. Make sure to have straws or white wine for the women (can't have those teeth turning purple)
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • AUCE
    AUCE Posts: 890

Maker's Mark and a glass (glass optional)

Genius...MM. = Mothers Milk
    I make my bbq sauce with it ..aptly named "Mother Milk Sauce" ..one must be also drinking it for the recipe to to bind properly.

I would much rather be able to say I was glad I did than wished I had........

XL owner and purveyor of pallette perfection...

Homosassa....Mecca of Florida