Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone see/buy the Mini Maxx in SoCal yet?

Has anyone seen or purchased a MM in SoCal yet?

Most of my dealers close to me are flakes. 

I'm trying to get the MM for Xmas if possible.

Comments

• McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Nope
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • I think a dealer here in San Diego would order it. They're called "Hot Sauces n More." 619-482-2468 and ask for Brian. Last I spoke to him last week, he was wanting to order the mini max probably in his next order.
  • Where abouts in socal are you from r8rs4lf?
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    @r8rs4lf‌, I heard the MM has been delayed for distribution in CA. It has something to do with the California Air Resources Board and emissions. If you go to the CA.gov website and search for charcoal you'll find the article.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • stemc33 said:
    @r8rs4lf‌, I heard the MM has been delayed for distribution in CA. It has something to do with the California Air Resources Board and emissions. If you go to the CA.gov website and search for charcoal you'll find the article.

Plenty of articles about charcoal there, but nothing too current nor specifically about the BGE. Do you have a link or some more detailed info?
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • I just found out that mine will be available at my dealer in NorCal a week from today.
  • I went in to BBQ Galore and asked about the Mini Max.  Sales person had not heard of it, but looked it up in their book, found it then quoted me a price of 595 or thereabouts.
    Simi Valley, California
    LBGE, PBC, Annova, SMOBot
  • I was in Pensacola this past weekend for an Eggfest. They JUST got their very first one. It seems like they are trickling out around the SE. It might be a couple more weeks before the west coast seems them. 
  • r8rs4lf
    r8rs4lf Posts: 317
    Where abouts in socal are you from r8rs4lf?
    I'm in the Long Beach area.

Called a lot of dealers within 50-75 miles of me and no one has it. Some haven't even heard of it which is funny to me. Most of the dealers I called were gold dealers too. All quotes I got were $649.

Doesn't look like I'm going to get the MM for Xmas.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629

I was in Pensacola this past weekend for an Eggfest. They JUST got their very first one. It seems like they are trickling out around the SE. It might be a couple more weeks before the west coast seems them. 

What does Pensacola FL have to do with Southern California Craig 8-}
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Gogogordy said:
    stemc33 said:

Plenty of articles about charcoal there, but nothing too current nor specifically about the BGE. Do you have a link or some more detailed info?

@Gogogordy‌, I was just being facetious. I spent a lot of my younger years in SoCal and I just have to laugh at all the silly CA rules. It won't be long though before the California Air Resources Board purposes a ban on charcoal. Either that or you'll have to buy a $10,000 emission reducer. Lol
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • stemc33 said:
    Gogogordy said:
    stemc33 said:

@Gogogordy‌, I was just being facetious. I spent a lot of my younger years in SoCal and I just have to laugh at all the silly CA rules. It won't be long though before the California Air Resources Board purposes a ban on charcoal. Either that or you'll have to buy a $10,000 emission reducer. Lol

Boy ain't that the truth....god-like in their power over our air. (Except of course the hot stuff that spews out of our state's leaders)
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    I was in Pensacola this past weekend for an Eggfest. They JUST got their very first one. It seems like they are trickling out around the SE. It might be a couple more weeks before the west coast seems them. 
    What does Pensacola FL have to do with Southern California Craig 

They both have beaches? 
    :)) :))

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Gogogordy said:
    stemc33 said:
    Gogogordy said:
    stemc33 said:

Boy ain't that the truth....god-like in their power over our air. (Except of course the hot stuff that spews out of our state's leaders)
    Damn Californication, we had to put up with CARB on a regular basis trying to get our prescribed fire program in the Forests done and was a pain in the ass and still are.  No fire places burning 90% of the time here in the Central Valley.  BBQ's could be next.
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,821
    edited November 2014
    @r8rs4lf‌ to answer your question, go in and see AJ at South Coast Supply on Spring St. right across the street from Los Al High. AJ is a sweet heart and you won't regret going in to see her.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    I live in So Cal (Chatsworth) made all the calls to every bge dealer within 200 miles. Nothing. My sister who lives in Las Vegas says they got them their. Sweetest! Driving up this weekend ... and nab me one.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • r8rs4lf
    edited November 2014
    td66snrf said:
    @r8rs4lf‌ to answer your question, go in and see AJ at South Coast Supply on Spring St. right across the street from Los Al High. AJ is a sweet heart and you won't regret going in to see her.
    @td66snrf They were actually my first call. I got my MBGE from them. The transaction was so easy and all over the phone. They set it up and delivered it with all my accessories that same day.

I did talk to AJ and she was shocked to hear that people already had them. I left her my number and she's supposed to get back to me.

You from around here?
  • tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776
    edited November 2014

Tim - I've also been looking around SoCal, although sorta half-heartedly.  The dealer network here is not stellar.  I had a good experience with Outdoor Kitchen Creations in Upland (wherever that is). http://www.outdoorkitchencreations.net/contact-us1

I don't think the problem is really on the dealer level - jus' sayin...

Driving to Las Vegas or SF to get a MM increases the cost exponentially.  I haven't convinced myself that I need one yet.  I can see the advantages, but portability isn't one for me.  With a medium and an XL, I already have lots of flexibility.  Would the MM be ready to go faster than the medium?  By enough to justify spending $800 (including necessary "extras")?  I am envious of all the new MM owners and the nice cooks they're posting, but haven't reached the tipping point yet.  Maybe when EggFest season comes around again...

Santa Paula, CA
  • McStew
    below is the message from my dealer 

Minimaxs just got in to the distributor and they are getting shipped out to me tomorrow and I will have my hands on them by Friday. If you want me to put one aside for you I will do so. They are on sale too thru the month. Hope all is well. Best regards, Joey
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    McStew said:
    below is the message from my dealer 

Minimaxs just got in to the distributor and they are getting shipped out to me tomorrow and I will have my hands on them by Friday. If you want me to put one aside for you I will do so. They are on sale too thru the month. Hope all is well. Best regards, Joey

What is the sale price?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• SoCalTim
    tksmoke said:

Tim - I've also been looking around SoCal, although sorta half-heartedly.  The dealer network here is not stellar.  I had a good experience with Outdoor Kitchen Creations in Upland (wherever that is). http://www.outdoorkitchencreations.net/contact-us1

I don't think the problem is really on the dealer level - jus' sayin...

Driving to Las Vegas or SF to get a MM increases the cost exponentially.  I haven't convinced myself that I need one yet.  I can see the advantages, but portability isn't one for me.  With a medium and an XL, I already have lots of flexibility.  Would the MM be ready to go faster than the medium?  By enough to justify spending $800 (including necessary "extras")?  I am envious of all the new MM owners and the nice cooks they're posting, but haven't reached the tipping point yet.  Maybe when EggFest season comes around again...

I hear you brother, I think making the trip to Vegas would let me kill two birds, visiting my sister (ok three) doing a little gambling (ok four) eating at a really good buffet and then picking up a MM.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    So Cal didn't you pick up a mini recently?
    Seattle, WA
  • tksmoke
    @SoCalTim - You are sounding like an owner!!!
    Santa Paula, CA
  • SoCalTim
    SkinnyV said:
    So Cal didn't you pick up a mini recently?
    Yes! But you really don't stop at one or two eggs do you?... lol, I think I just might need an intervention - really soon.
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,821
    r8rs4lf said:

td66snrf said:

@td66snrf They were actually my first call. I got my MBGE from them. The transaction was so easy and all over the phone. They set it up and delivered it with all my accessories that same day.

I did talk to AJ and she was shocked to hear that people already had them. I left her my number and she's supposed to get back to me.

You from around here?

@r8rs4lf Yep, I live at Bolsa Chica and the 405 and I've worked in Long Beach for over 30yrs.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    edited November 2014
    @tksmoke: I can endorse Outdoor Creations heartily. I live in San Diego and have made the trip to Upland for their Eggiest and to buy two Eggs. Thad Stikey is a great person to work with.

Upland is just west of Rancho Cucamonga along the 210. I take 15 North to 210 West to get there.
    Judy in San Diego
  • tksmoke
    @Judy_Mayberry - I met the OKC group at the SoCal Eggfest last year.  Nadine and Shad put on an excellent event.  I picked up a Medium from them there.  Great folks to work with.  They went all out to get me the medium as a "demo egg".  I haven't been to their store, but "... just west of Rancho Cucamonga" pretty much says it all.  Highly recommended!!
    Santa Paula, CA
  • McStew
    Got a call from my dealer yesterday wising us a Happy Turkey Day but he also gave me good news that he would be delivering my MM on Monday to the office!!!  OTD $603.00 with PS
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • McStew

It sure is nice to come into the office and find a new egg! 
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • r8rs4lf
    AJ called me from South Coast Supply yesterday. Told me she had two coming to her. One was spoken for and she said I was next in line for the next. So of course I payed for it. Didn't get the platesetter as I ordered the Woo combo from the CGS today. She told me that it should be here next week. Hopefully it gets here by then because that was the only reason why I bought it yesterday. Let's see what gets here first, the MM or the Woo. I suspect the Woo will as I already got an email that my order has been shipped. Great customer service from both people!!!