Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini Max at Eggtoberfest

Comments

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    cazzy said:

Is it fore everyone no its not. Is it for me damnstrait it is. :D 

Umm, I think it's safe to say that every egg size is for you.   :D

Baaaaaaaaaaa!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Does anyone know how tall it is top to bottom? 
  • Rumor or not, No way in Hell I'd pay 600 bucks for a mini-max.  That's crazy. 

Little Rock, AR

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Does anyone know how tall it is top to bottom? 
    I can't help, but I hope the person who answers will break the height reply down as for the dome and the base with and without the carrier stand.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Does anyone know how tall it is top to bottom? 

Leroy, the base is 9" tall and the dome is 8"
  • bweekes
    bweekes Posts: 725
    odie91 said:
    Jeremiah said:
    I was told they'll phase out the small and mini, and will give a credit towards a max for further warranty issues after heir production stops. But that was just a dealer, not bge.
    Wow, so if my mini cracks, I probably get say $100 to $150 (just guessing) in credit towards a Minimax, which brings it down to the price of a KJ Jr (which comes with free heat deflector and  stand).   If this is true, I'm done with BGE.  
    Let me pile on here... KJ customer service is phenomenal! I've owned a couple of eggs and recently supplemented them with a KJ Jr. I've filed warranty claims with each company, and KJ is absolutely amazing to deal with. If you ask me, I think BGE missed the boat with pricing. The MM will likely cannibalize the small and mini, and they know that - so I believe that they will phase out those two sizes in favour of the MM. The KJ cooks exactly the same as my egg - not to mention, it comes with the heat deflector, stand, raised grid accessory, ash tool, and grid gripper. Also comes fully assembled! 
    Ajax, ON Canada
    (XL BGE, MED BGE, La Caja China #2, and the wife's Napoleon gasser)
  • odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    lol those of you using the Apple analogy seem to forget that Apple almost went under, before their roaring comeback (largely sparked by an invention called the Ipod).   so maybe there is hope that BGE will survive all these strategic mistakes ;)       but something tells me the Minimax is not the new Ipod lol   ;)

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Wait it has Bluetooth?
  • odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    Lit said:
    Wait it has Bluetooth?
    No, but there already are fake imitations come from China  ;)

• Whirly
    Whirly Posts: 30
    Interesting how FUD can work both ways. That is what makes America great!
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Again how did this thread get so off track? Oh my a squirrel. ...

1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Lit said:

If they discontinue the mini and effect my warranty I would officially sell all my eggs and go KJ. Might do that anyways.

Dibs =))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Lit
    @odie91‌ if you are referring to the KJ it came out first in that size range. BGE is actually the imitation. I really do not care what color my kamado is I do care though if they discontinue a model I already own though. I love my green eggs so I really hope they aren't planning on discontinuing any of them. I would be pissed about the mini because I have a carten that would be useless without the mini.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    image.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    @Lit - don't worry, I'll buy your carten if that happens.

:D
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • Hey Crimsongator, thanks for the numbers.  It will fit under my cover by at least two inches.  More if I took out the bed-slid I built for the back of the truck.  That's perfect.  So all I have to do now is attend Eggfests where the Mini-Max is a door prize.  Or I suppose I could win the Lottery.  Or I could ........... I must be getting old - I can't even think up ways to come up with a measly $500.  At least, legally...

• Crimsongator
    Hey Leroy, it will be a tight fit. The nest adds another 1" and I measured with the daisy wheel off.
  • Thanks Crimsongator.  I kinda figured that.  It's not like I can't adjust where necessary but I was hoping I could just haul the thing around for when I need it.

• Crimsongator
    It is to come boxed with the next included. I really like it and think it is going to be exceptionally popular
  • NPHuskerFL
    @Crimsongator‌ I know it comes complete with carrier/stand. Do you know if the PS comes included? If not it would seem logical that a SBGE PS would be the fit. OR just order a Woo with stone and be done with it.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Lit
    @NPHuskerFL‌ neither the small platesetter nor the small woo will fit it they are too tall.
  • Crimsongator
    @Crimsongator‌ I know it comes complete with carrier/stand. Do you know if the PS comes included? If not it would seem logical that a SBGE PS would be the fit. OR just order a Woo with stone and be done with it.
    The platesetter comes in a separate box and I am not clear if it is included (need to ask). I did compare today and the fire ring, grid and dome are identical to the small. Obviously the firebox and base are shorter.
  • NPHuskerFL
    Ok. Thanks for the info. Hopefully the Woo and stone will be in production soon enough. Heck, I've waited this long. I might as well get the Woo and stone and call it a day. But, the PS serves its purpose as well so.....
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    I sure as hell hope the platesetter come with it. I'm one step in the dog house as it is already. If I have to explain an additional cost..... :-@
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    Lit said:
    If they discontinue the mini and effect my warranty I would officially sell all my eggs and go KJ. Might do that anyways.
    that-a-boy Lit....take your ball n go home....better yet...go buy a weber or a char broil...WHAAAAA!!!!!
    :((

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• Gogogordy
    Gogogordy Posts: 460
    Jeremiah said:
    I sure as hell hope the platesetter come with it. I'm one step in the dog house as it is already. If I have to explain an additional cost..... :-@

I would think if the PS did come with, there would be no doubt left in our (collective) mind that it does, since we all know the carrier is indeed part of the deal. So, I'm going out on a limb and speculate that the PS is...extra.
    When I'm not Eggin', I'm scootin'   Eggin' and 'cueing from Temecula Ca; an hour from San Diego, an hour and five minutes from Palm Springs, and an hour and a half from Los Angeles (yeah, right. With THAT traffic?)
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490

OK, now, let's see if they deliver them to retail stores by November 1!

I am getting at least one, and might get 2!

• Crimsongator

BGE said they would be available to distributors on 11/1. Dealer availability would have to depend on how frequent they order.

• badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    @lit it's a 12 foot inflatable. Get it right.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa