Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

mini question

Options
Anyone know of a ci do small enough to fit a mini? Anyone wok on theirs? How long will it go at 325 degrees? Yes, I'm excited as a puppy with 3 peters.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    I have a small do that will fit on a small bit won't hold much food I use it for sauces. I am glad you got it i was going to buy it and have a freind pick it up but don't have pay pal so enjoy it.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    I think @mickey woks on his. You aren't really going to find a DO bigger than those little 2 cup ones meant for appetizers. Perhaps a smaller skillet with a lid?
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    My bad...thought this was another "where the bleep is my Mini Max!?" discussion....
    Carry on :))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    I did a 6 pound shoulder in mine and held right around 300 for like 7-8 hours. That was filled to the plate setter with wicked good I believe.
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    Lit said:

I did a 6 pound shoulder in mine and held right around 300 for like 7-8 hours. That was filled to the plate setter with wicked good I believe.

That's damn impressive! The mini can kick out some bad ass food that's for certain.

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Two items to order today. Say hello to Ms Chan at the a Wok Shop for me. photo photo-1402.jpg photo photo-2136.jpg
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,657
    Options
    Congrats on the mini. I'm jealous as hell. I have an old glass two liter Coke bottle that I dump change in. I told my wife the other day when the bottle gets full I'm gonna use the money to buy a mini. Unless I find a good price on a used one first.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    DOs don't fit in minis, tea cups do. 
    Lodge Camp ovens (feet and flat lid) are available in 1qt (7"X4" and 2qt (8"X4") size - maybe one of them? 

I do use my camp ovens sitting on the fire box level. As temps are low, I can get at least 4-5 hours in my medium. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Mickey
    Options
    http://www.wokshop.com Call Ms Chan and ask for a pre-seasoned MINI WOK. Say hello for me. Stopped in to see her last month. http://www.missionrs.com/lodge-manufacturing-70gh2-cast-iron-griddle-9-1-4-inch-round-no-handle.html
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• DoctorMojo
    Options
    Great, Now I am wanting a Mini....I am going to end up like @badinfluence

Southern, Tennessee

LBGE, MBGE  

• NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @henapple‌ Here ya go Tony. Hopefully this helps brotha.
    http://dutchovendude.com/
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    @Henapple Lodge makes a 6" (1QT and an 8" @ QT camp dutch oven. Google it or jump on Amazon. Welcome to "@Mickey Mini World"
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • HeathCave
    Options
    Hmm...when I read the title I was expecting a much smaller question.  :))
    Just chillin' and lovin' the eggin' life! Facebook • My Graphic Design Website
  • Mickey
    Options
    Don't forget frying. image

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options

Cajun Cookware Dutch Ovens 1 Quart Cast Iron Dutch Oven https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000E2RWW/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_XbTlub05A2QCX

Maybe this. 6x3.5
  • Mickey
    Options
    henapple said:
    Cajun Cookware Dutch Ovens 1 Quart Cast Iron Dutch Oven https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000E2RWW/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_XbTlub05A2QCX Maybe this. 6x3.5

That should be good to fry out of.

• henapple
    Options
    Thinking of sides. If it's only Sher-bear and myself we don't need six quarts of baked beans
  • fljoemon
    fljoemon Posts: 757
    Options
    Mickey said:
    Two items to order today. Say hello to Ms Chan at the a Wok Shop for me. photo photo-1402.jpg
    @Mickey .. Is this the wok : http://wokshop.stores.yahoo.net/10castmiwokw.html
    This is a flat bottom one .. just wondering if its the same one you are using.
    LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL
  • Mickey
    edited October 2014
    Options
    @fljoemon yes. Pay Ms Chan the extra couple of dollars to pre-season it. Say hello for me. She is a super lady. photo photo2_zps7f06a99d.jpg

• fljoemon
    fljoemon Posts: 757
    Options
    Great .. will be visiting her at the end of this month and will definitely give your regards to Ms Chan.
    LBGE & Mini
    Orlando, FL
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options

I'm gonna take an opposing point of view from @Mickey I don't think the wok is that great an accessory for the Mini, especially if you have one for your large. IMHO I think its just two small. Maybe for one person it would be ok, but for the two of us, its a stretch to put out a meal. We have one and I think we've used it less than 4 times. I'd rather use our large one.

Get the Mini Woo and two pizza stones off amazon and you are good to go. Someday I'll probably get that griddle from Lodge.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• dweebs0r
    dweebs0r Posts: 539
    edited October 2014
    Options

Griffin said:

Get the Mini Woo and two pizza stones off amazon and you are good to go. Someday I'll probably get that griddle from Lodge.

The mini @henapple bought already includes the mini woo and pizza stones.  I feel like he got a good deal.  ;)  

-Jody Newell (LBGE & a 36" Blackstone griddle).
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    I have the Lodge 2 QT Camp DO and it can sit on the Mini Woo but the lid won't close with it in the Mini.

Here it is frying some tempura:
    photo IMG_1235.jpg
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Mickey
    Options
    Griffin said:

I'm gonna take an opposing point of view from @Mickey I don't think the wok is that great an accessory for the Mini, especially if you have one for your large. IMHO I think its just two small. Maybe for one person it would be ok, but for the two of us, its a stretch to put out a meal. We have one and I think we've used it less than 4 times. I'd rather use our large one.

I use mine more for frying. But it is close on woking size for two as Griff says. I works for Linda and I. It would not work for two of me.

• henapple
    Options
    Maybe @Griffin is a fatass? 8-}
  • SGH
    Options
    I have a lot of respect for fat people. Being large tells me that they love to eat as do I. We have something in common right off the bat if they are big eaters. Can't hardly stand to be around a nibbler or weigh watcher. They annoy me. Why do I dislike nibblers and weight watchers? Because here is what I enjoy. Notice that there is no salad or healthy crap in sight.
    imageimageimage
    After consuming this I thought why not? A dozen chocolate covered donuts for dessert.
    imageimage
    And for all you nibblers and weight watchers out there. I ate the whole plate and every donut in one sitting. Would have ate more if time allowed.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited October 2014
    Options
    "I have a lot of respect for fit people. Being in shape tells me that they love to be there for there family and not keel over at 60 as do I. We have something in common right off the bat if they are fit people. Can't hardly stand to be around a glutton or overweight waddler. They annoy me. Why do I dislike gluttons and overweight waddlers? Because here is what I enjoy. Notice that there is no strokes or heart attacks in sight. "

Huh, funny. That shaming works both ways. 
    ;)
  • SGH
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I don't know if you noticed, but for a 50 year old man with a appetite for destruction I'm in pretty good shape over all. While I no longer lift avidly or take PED's, I can still dead lift 585 pounds from a honest cold pull. I can pull a honest 635 when hot. Most people half my age and supposedly in "shape" can't match this. The old glutton must be doing something right. So for now I will continue on this same path full steam ahead. Enjoy your salad my friend and I will continue to enjoy my seafood and donuts.

Status- Standing by.