Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Some bad news, boys.

Pass the Brewski? Pabst Sold to Russian Company

Attention, hipsters. Pabst Brewing Company — and its signature Pabst Blue Ribbon, the ironic, iconic favorite of the young and the cool — has sold to a Russian beverage firm after a century and a half of American ownership, an investing firm announced Thursday. Oasis Beverages, the largest independent brewer in Russia, bought Pabst, which also produces Colt .45, Old Milwaukee and Lone Star beers, according to a statement by the American investment firm TSG Consumer Partners, which will hold a minority stake.

Oasis Board Chairman Eugene Kashper said, “Pabst Blue Ribbon is the quintessential American brand — it represents individualism, egalitarianism and freedom of expression — all the things that make this country great." PBC's headquarters will remain in Los Angeles, according to the statement, but the terms of the sale were not disclosed. Pabst was established in 1844 in Milwaukee, according to the brewer's website. PBC was bought by investor Dean Metropoulos in 2010, and since then, he has managed the company with his two sons, Evan and Darren. "We are very supportive of the new ownership group and their exciting plans for the future," Metropoulos said.

Thank goodness I am a Templeton Rye guy.
A poor widows son.
See der Rabbits, Iowa

Comments

• Egalitarianism? Here is what Dr. Tom Sowell has to say about egalitarianism..... http://youtu.be/26QxO49Ycx0
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • I didn't watch it but judging by his suit, this was recorded before you were born brother strick.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • "Pabst Blue Ribbon is the quintessential American brand - symbolizing freedom from tyranny, freedom of speech, and liberty - and we just sold it to the Russians!"
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egalitarianism

It's Wikipedia...Must be true
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • I didn't watch it but judging by his suit, this was recorded before you were born brother strick.

Dear sir, I'm a student of good ideas. Dr sowell's suit may not have been a good idea but his words were.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    @travisstrick Back when conservatives were proud of being conservative.  Thanks for getting the politics discussion going... Who's gonna start the Religion thread????

BLACKJACK!!! 2/1CAV
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    My kegs better still be $70 or I'm gonna get a miller lite on tap neon sign.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 16,032
    I'm pretty sure every White Russian I've had was American made...   :)>-

When does an old joke become a "Dad" joke?  When it's apparent.  

• thetrim said:

@travisstrick Back when conservatives were proud of being conservative.  Thanks for getting the politics discussion going... Who's gonna start the Religion thread????

BLACKJACK!!! 2/1CAV

I do my best. (3/1 CAV here)
  • jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Thomas Sowell and Milton Freedman are the men!
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • KenfromMI
    KenfromMI Posts: 742
    edited September 2014
    If I don't make it myself I only buy local beer made in Michigan. I don't think any Russians will be buying any breweries here. If it wasn't for Kid Rock that beer never would have made the comeback that it did. It's his fault. LOL  I bought it for the first time a few weeks back to see why it was so cool it was terrible. 

Dearborn MI
  • Oh well. I support craft micro's over the macros anyway. It just sucks seeing all those dollars going to another country now though.
    middle of nowhere- G.I. NE
  • If they don't sell they use the cheap labor in other countries anyway. I have family that work for all the Big 3 auto makers and they spend all their time in China and third world countries for labor and cheap parts. My wife lost her last job because they could ship shower doors, faucets, kitchen and bathroom items to China to get assembled and shipped back cheaper. I think within 100 years this country is done and we will be third world.
    Dearborn MI
  • KenfromMI said:
    If I don't make it myself I only buy local beer made in Michigan. I don't think any Russians will be buying any breweries here. If it wasn't for Kid Rock that beer never would have made the comeback that it did. It's his fault. LOL  I bought it for the first time a few weeks back to see why it was so cool it was terrible. 

PBR isn't supposed to taste good. It's supposed to taste like George Washington marching down your throat to fight the Brits and Indians.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200

Don't care much for Pabst and while I like good craft beer or my home brew, Lone Star is my hunting beer, tubing beer and too drunk to waste good money on good beer beer. It was sad when they moved it out of San Antonio, it was sad when Pabst acquired it and its sad now that Russia has it, but I'll still take a cold one when I'm too drunk to care. Just hope they keep putting it out in those camo cans.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings