Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

double cook

Roasted hatch peppers but need to reload for dinner. Dump new lump on top?
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    yes
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,756
    I have dumped new lump on top before but just be carful with sparks going in your charcoal bag... to be safe, I suggest that you use a separate container to transfer lump from the bag to the egg.

No harm at all. Dump it in and let it rip.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Much easier to dump new on top rather than take all the hot stuff out, dump new lump and then put the hot stuff back on top......the alternative is of course to feed all the new lump in from the bottom, much  harder but any job worth coin is worth doing right!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Thanks. ..
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,559
    @Skiddymarker beat me to it-and the alternatives are...It will all burn just fine.  Of course if your dumping ability is inhibited by some PBR's then you may want to "declare victory" and go again Sunday.  :)>-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • henapple
    I never quit...
  • henapple
    Drinking