Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken wings....great success

jonnymack
jonnymack Posts: 627
Had some friends over this weekend and decided to do some chicken wings on the egg.  Didn't have a good spice mixture but used a generic paprika type rub to put on the wings.  I utilized the method on iamjoshbrown.com and set the egg for indirect cooking at 300-310 for a little over an hour.  Pulled them off and pulled out the plate setter for direct cooking at 350-ish (which in retrospect was maybe a little hot) for some crisping maybe another 5 minutes or so.  Total cook time was about 1:15.  I made a standard buffalo sauce which turned out awesome.  I tried putting sauce on some before the direct grill but there was not a noticeable sauce flavor retained.  The wings turned out awesome, great smoke flavor (I added two mesquite chunks to the cook) and super juicy meat.  First pic is well into the indirect cook.  I had to take some of the outer wings and put them in the middle since they were catching some direct heat and crisping quicker than I wanted.  

The wings were devoured.  I need to get an extender for more capacity.  Love this Egg.
Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

Comments