Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How much did you pay for your Big Green Egg ?

Comments

• PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    $1150 for my demo XL, nest, grippers, ash tool yesterday from PNW Eggfest. My parents spent $20 for their L plus table. (They won the grand prize raffle. I had just convinced them to come with me on Friday and I paide their way in....grrrrr, lol.)
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • egger911
    egger911 Posts: 39
    edited June 2014
    Update on my last post, "$550 for Large Big Green Egg with nest, side tables, assembled",etc.  Got a Plate Setter for $99.  So now I'm into it for $649. I know...only the beginning. ( I wont bother you with other purchases, but I noticed a lot of posters included the PS.)
    Large BGE, Weber Summit, Weber Performer, Weber 22.5" Kettle, Offset Smoker, and a 1974 Smokey Joe. (Love that Egg, should have got it earlier.) Moorpark, (Southern) California 93021
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    4600.00 for xxl with nest plates Etter egg mate ans gonna be delivered and setup. Gash not even a bag of lump or a kiss.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • Helmet
    Helmet Posts: 163
    I bought my used Medium for $100. 
    Medium BGE, Weber Q120 (The traveller)
    "I claim artistic license, it has a good beat, I can dance to it"
  • crazycamo4620
    crazycamo4620 Posts: 4
    edited June 2014
    One place here in Oklahoma City has the LBGE for $849. Egg only. Another place has the large for $879 egg only and $100 credit towards accessories. That's the main reason I don't have one yet. With everything I "need", I'm looking at $1400 bucks out the door just for a large. Thats only the egg, ash tool, plate setter, cast iron grate and lump. 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    One place here in Oklahoma City has the LBGE for $849. Egg only. Another place has the large for $879 egg only and $100 credit towards accessories. That's the main reason I don't have one yet. With everything I "need", I'm looking at $1400 bucks out the door just for a large. Thats only the egg, ash tool, plate setter, cast iron grate and lump. 
    Your math is confusing me.  Minimally buy an egg and a plate setter.  Don't buy lump from the dealer, our first 20 lb bag wasa $23 plus tax.   You don't need a cast iron grill, the factory grill is fine, at least for now.  Look for a used nest on ebay or craigslist, however I have a feeling they're going to be scarce for a while in the near future.  

Egg - 879
    Platesetter - 160
    Cast Iron Grill - 100
    Ash Tool - 30
    Thermometer - 75
    Lump - 25
    Discount - -100

So around 1275 after taxes. Still way more than others are paying.

• nolaegghead
    It comes with a thermometer.  Plate setter should be about 80.  I use a spoon for an ash tool.  Are you in Canada?

I know it has a dome therm. However I was told to get a digital one. 

That's what I'm trying to say. The prices here in OK are extremely inflated compared to what others are saying. 
  • nolaegghead
    Here are some options to get you started cheaper.  Rather than buy a $160 ceramic plate setter (or "convEGGtor"), you could mail order THIS for $143.  The factory thermometer is all you need to control the egg temp.  I would recommend an instant read before you get a Maverick or equivalent.   Thermapen or Thermapop (cheaper but slower).  I bought an Maverick for around $50 on Amazon, you just need to keep an eye on the prices.

its an oldie though. one of the original models. had to put a new retro band on it and a gasket ($75, $20).
    friend of mine bought an XL and didnt want the large and knew i wanted one. 

another buddy gave me his old nest and mates for $0.

id say i did ok.
    Atlanta, GA
    Large Egg ~1998 model
  • SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Won my LBGE in a contest @ the 7/Eleven. It's the accessories that cost the real money
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,230
    I paid every penny and it is worth more. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• THEBuckeye
    L

Platesetter

Pizza Stone

Ash Tool 

Grate Grip

20 lb Lump

Lighter

Starter Pads
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    XL, with nest, side tables, plate setter, ash tool, 20 pound of BGE charcoal and fire starter sticks for $1565. They also set it up and delivered it to my house. Another dealer wanted $2000 for the same set up and wouldn't deliver it.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    $300.00 LBGE Nest separate table, tools 2 vent caps plate setter 80 lbs or so of lump
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • g37
    g37 Posts: 450
    I bought a large demo that was not cooked on for 700$$$. Nest 110$ and plate setter 70$$
    Ewa Beach, Hawaii
  • LBGE $550 no tax...  new with nest , plate setter, 1 bag lump, 1 box fire starter :) .......

oh yeah NO WARRANTY :( ... but I can live with that   

Large Big Green Egg / Ceramic Grill 2 Tier grate / Maverick ET-733 / homemade egg station / Amelia Island Fl. "Go Gators"

• Buckdodger
    Buckdodger Posts: 957
    Got mine 5 yrs ago as a B'Day gift from SWMBO...Around $700 for the LBGE,PS, Standard Grill with extender' cover and large cyprus(?) table and cover. Forgot ash tool!

Still lovin it.

Opelika, Alabama
  • My math was including tax and everything. :) Sorry in a rant moment I may have overshot. Let me add it up.

Egg - 879
    Platesetter - 160
    Cast Iron Grill - 100
    Ash Tool - 30
    Thermometer - 75
    Lump - 25
    Discount - -100

sent you a PM
    Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009
  • Ed Earl
    Ed Earl Posts: 28
    I picked mine up for about $350.00. Of course that was in 1995 and this forum only had about 20 members.
  • I've got more in accesories than I do in the egg itself. I'm not allowed to mention Tom or CGS at home anymore, still buying from him, just not allowed to talk about it.
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533

My math was including tax and everything. :) Sorry in a rant moment I may have overshot. Let me add it up.

Egg - 879
    Platesetter - 160
    Cast Iron Grill - 100
    Ash Tool - 30
    Thermometer - 75
    Lump - 25
    Discount - -100

Thermopop out the door cost me $29. Cast iron grid is definitely not required. Bam, just saved you $150. And I don't want to hear any crying - California prices are higher than OK.
  • Large egg, nest, mates, platesetter, ash tool, gripper, 2 bags charcoal, cover: 1199.00
  • dmk08
    dmk08 Posts: 4
    My deal in Georgia yesterday.  Can't wait to fire this puppy up this weekend.

LG Egg, nest, bag of charcoal, brush, composite mates, ash tool, grill gripper, platesetter, box of starters, and a cover.  $1105 out the door.  Hope I didn't get ripped.
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    dmk08 said:
    My deal in Georgia yesterday.  Can't wait to fire this puppy up this weekend.

LG Egg, nest, bag of charcoal, brush, composite mates, ash tool, grill gripper, platesetter, box of starters, and a cover.  $1105 out the door.  Hope I didn't get ripped.
    I would not have bought the platesetter, the adjustable rig is much better.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • $750 for the large,nest, composite shelves, plate setter, Pizza Stone, ash tool, grill grate tool and a 20 pound bag of BGE charcoal  all deliverd and setup
  • THEBuckeye
    I would ask not how much it cost but how much value you are receiving as a result of your investment. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• $1075 for the XL. 20% off all eggessories, free delivery and set up. In Los Angeles.