Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fresh Green Beans

Options
This is as easy as it gets: I picked some fresh green beans from the garden, picked the ends and washed them.  Made a pouch of aluminum foil, put it 2 tablespoons of bacon grease, seasoned with sea salt, black pepper, some powdered onion, topped with 2 large pats of real butter, wrapped up tight and put on with the baked potatoes.  let it cook at about 375 for 35 minutes.  Great taste, still firm, but not crisp, better than a straight steam.  Fast and easy!  Would work with most any summer veggie….bacon grease is the bomb.
LBGE

Comments

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Never done them with bacon grease. But love them grilled with butter. Hell who am I kidding. I love anything grilled with butter.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • DTEgg
    DTEgg Posts: 93
    Options
    @Jeremiah- You and me both, brudda!
    LBGE
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @DTEgg‌ said: bacon grease is the bomb.
    I concur 100% my friend. Without question or doubt.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    Options
    DTEgg said:
    This is as easy as it gets: I picked some fresh green beans from the garden, picked the ends and washed them.  Made a pouch of aluminum foil, put it 2 tablespoons of bacon grease, seasoned with sea salt, black pepper, some powdered onion, topped with 2 large pats of real butter, wrapped up tight and put on with the baked potatoes.  let it cook at about 375 for 35 minutes.  Great taste, still firm, but not crisp, better than a straight steam.  Fast and easy!  Would work with most any summer veggie….bacon grease is the bomb.

Haven't tried them in foil yet, but I absolutely love fresh green beans out of the garden!
    Just made some the other night! And how can you go wrong with bacon grease and butter??

XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR