Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How much did you pay for your Big Green Egg ?

Options

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    edited December 2012
    Options
    How bout all the money you've spent travelling to, staying at and cooking at fests? Don't even talk to me about the bar and liquor bills and 5:00 am trips to waffle house

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Ellis
    Ellis Posts: 195
    Options
    @yumdinger after what JerkChicken was laying down, you might want to start going out to dinner again :-O, I going to go out now and snuff out my fire.  
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Damn Skippy Steven.... :))
  • dugie
    dugie Posts: 6
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Rzeancak said:
    $1795 for Large BGE,included: nest, wings, ash tool, grill gripper. BGE lump charcoal, box of fire starters and cover.

In Nova Scotia Canada 

I love this post.  I know for a fact, the price Ontarians pay for an XL BGE is what I paid for a large!  An XL in Halifax Nova Scotia the price is over $2100 with the accessories mentioned above.

Tough times in the Maritimes!  

At 165lbs each they are not the cheapest things to ship, just like most things shipped to the maritimes from Ontario, its going to cost a bit more here than up there.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Roughly $4500 in six months. Egg accessories, lump, table, meat, beer, dropping hrs at work to be on this forum, beer, ....
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • xbx
    xbx Posts: 8
    Options
    I paid 799 for large + plate setter + ash tool + grill gripper + large bag of coal + nest
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    $600.  Nest?  Naaaaa.   Table?  Naaaaaa.   I can make something  for a lot less.  $400 later......
    The Naked Whiz
  • lilwooty
    lilwooty Posts: 215
    Options
    XL was $899.  Platesetter for XL $89.
    The following year I paid $675 for my LBGE and $79 for the platesetter
    22" BGE pizza stone for my XL was $99. 

Living Large and XL

• anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    $800 here in Augusta and $50 to deliver and set it up....nest was $150
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Options
    $1200 large egg only :-q
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    $900 for large egg, plate setter, bag of lump, incl tax.  $350 used medium with nest.
    Options
    First one was a Small and I used American Airline miles about 7 or 8 years ago. So zero $$$
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• NervousDad
    NervousDad Posts: 307
    Options
    1000 plate setter and nest tax included.
    Aurora,OH
  • xiphoid007
    xiphoid007 Posts: 536
    Options
    Just bought this past October. $980 for LBGE, platesetter, pizza stone, v rack, table nest, box of starter cubes, grill brush with a replacement brush, and ash tool. They had a sale and I got 10% off.
    Pittsburgh, PA - 1 LBGE
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited June 2014
    Options
    LBGE $799, PS $59, CI lifter $21.99, CI grid $67, 20# BGE lump N/C & nest $89. Paid total after discounts $1081. (including tax).
    Now I don't need the nest or eggmates and they may take them back for their floor models and give me store credit (will find out Monday).
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Miked125
    Miked125 Posts: 481
    Options
    $1050 in March and in canada, with nest and shelves $1,500
  • KenfromMI
    KenfromMI Posts: 742
    Options
    $1100 for Large, with nest, side tables, plate setter, and pizza stone.......Free assembly, free delivery (within 35 miles of store) two bags of BGE Lump, and a 16.76lb Brisket thrown in from store.
    Dearborn MI
  • KenfromMI
    KenfromMI Posts: 742
    Options
    The base Large anywhere in Michigan goes for $799.

Dearborn MI
  • rsterman
    rsterman Posts: 119
    Options
    Too much.....hee hee hee!
    Berlin, Maryland
  • Randy1
    Randy1 Posts: 379
    Options
    $1350 for LargeBGE,BGElong table,pizza stone,cast iron grid,plate setter and ash tool
    Maumelle, Arkansas
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Mickey said:

First one was a Small and I used American Airline miles about 7 or 8 years ago. So zero $$$

I am applying this theory to my AR and other toys on the way from CGS. Amex rewards cash back haha. But wait I used a master card.....guess I'll use those AMEX $ later, see the trap.

First mini and nest $450
    Large Demo last yr PS, nest, table, handler. $1000 or so.
    Seattle, WA
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I picked up my LBGE and nest unassembled for $650 in January of this year. Added another $70 for the platesetter.
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • that_dude_Dave
    Options
    camueller said:
    I just bought mine 2 weeks ago. Best price I found in the local STL area was 1066 for my large with plate setter, pizza stone, ash tool, grate gripper tool, grate cleaner, fire starters, and a bag of charcoal. I picked it up and brought it home myself, and built my own table, and had a friend help me lower it in.
    Where did you end up getting yours? I went over to Hearthside Grill in Belleville and scored an XL with platesetter and 20# bag of BGE lump for 1000
    St. Louis Barbeque Society certified competition judge

XL and MiniMax
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    edited June 2014
    Options
    $900 for large egg, plate setter, bag of lump, incl tax.  $350 used medium with nest.
    In NOLA?  Where?
    NOLA
  • bbqjk
    bbqjk Posts: 18
    edited June 2014
    Options
    $719 plus tax for LBGE, Bering's Hardware in Houston, TX...delivered and set up.
    Retired in Houston, Texas  LBGE and MBGE
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    In NOLA?  Where?

@buzd504

Options
    Glad you got it from those guys.  I've been really happy with them as dealers.  I think mine was listed a little cheaper but I also got a bigger package (I got a table, too).

NOLA
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    800 for my large last year. PS and nest included.
  • llrickman
    llrickman Posts: 654
    Options
    Bought mine in Lubbock a few years ago. LBGE, plate setter, ash tool, nest, and a bag of BGE lump right at $1000 tax and delivery included
    2 LBGE
    Digi Q
    green Thermapen
    AR

Albuquerque, NM
  • egger911
    egger911 Posts: 39
    Options
    $550 for large BGE with nest, side tables, ash tool, and box of starters.  It was assembled (floor model), I brought it home in my van.
    Large BGE, Weber Summit, Weber Performer, Weber 22.5" Kettle, Offset Smoker, and a 1974 Smokey Joe. (Love that Egg, should have got it earlier.) Moorpark, (Southern) California 93021