Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yellow Tail

Alexkin
Alexkin Posts: 3
My neighbor just returned from the keys, and gave me a yellow tail Filet, never frozen, I am planning to prepare it and cook it on the XL BGE, any suggestions?

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Cook it today or freeze it today. I've worked at a seafood market, fished commercially, and lived on the beach for most of my life. I'll take fish frozen close to harvest over fish on ice for a week any day.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,567
    edited June 2014
    Listen to Travis-
    BTW-welcome aboard and enjoy the journey!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    +1 on what @travisstrick‌ said
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    @travisstrick‌
    Just curious brother. Do you by chance have a recipe for yellow fin tuna dip that you would share? There is some places here on the coast that make some that is beyond excellent. It's kind of like Dragos chargrilled oysters. I can come close to replicating it but it's still not quite as good. Just thought I would ask when I saw that you use to work in the seafood industry. Thanks in advance.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    @SGH Why yes I do. I have the ingredients anyway. I always wing the amounts but its da bomb. 

Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,810
    @travisstrick‌
    I thank you kindly my friend. Going to give it a try. My wife absolutely loves the tuna dip from Little Rays in Gulfport and from Quality Seafood in Biloxi. I have tried several times to replicate it to no avail. Going to give yours a shot. Again I thank you sir.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,735
    SGH said:
    @travisstrick‌ I thank you kindly my friend. Going to give it a try. My wife absolutely loves the tuna dip from Little Rays in Gulfport and from Quality Seafood in Biloxi. I have tried several times to replicate it to no avail. Going to give yours a shot. Again I thank you sir.
    If she likes those, has she ever been to Bernies just north of Edgewater mall? (behind that Iron works gym place across from the chinese buffet that always gets shut down)  They have the best smoked tuna dip on the planet.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum