Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

steaks and sides

Options
I was talking cooking on the BGE with a guy at work today and it got me in the mood to make something nice for my wife and I. I went to the store on the way home and picked up two Delmonico steaks, two potatoes, asparagus and salad mixings. I cooked the asparagus on the top rack of the AR along with the potatoes and then reverse seared the steaks on the bottom rack. I finished the steaks in my cast iron skillet. Everything came out great! I was on the phone for work so I was only able to take a picture half way through the meal. I haven't had a good steak in quite a while and it definitely hit the spot. I sent a picture to the guy at work and told him he needs to step up to the big leagues and get an Egg! Haha he had no idea how versatile the Egg is.
Pure Michigan
Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Comments