Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Two Became One

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
Thanks to @Cen Tex's postings here I got some meat glue awhile back. Finally got a chance to try it out. I brined a couple pork tenderloins, then let them dry overnight. This morning I glued them together, head to tail, wrapped in plastic wrap, and back in the fridge. Did a rub of some sort we had in the pantry. Turned out really nice, cooked evenly throughout. Hard to tell from a cross-section cut that it was 2 pieces of meat originally. 
I needed a bit more glue along the edges, but for a first try I was pretty happy with it.

Also did some pizzas as well. We were celebrating my big guy's 10 year birthday and pulled pork pizzas were at his request.

Also including a shot of him with tickets to tomorrow night's Phillies game. He's pretty excited about getting to go out on a school night. And I'm looking forward to it as well. It's just me and him going.

imageimageimageimageimageimage
They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments

• PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    I like the picture of your big guy the best (my oldest is 11 :) ) The completed tenderloin pic is pretty sweet, too!
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,013
    Options
    Nice work all around!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options

@DMW

As always your food looks outstanding and is in a league of its own my friend. Hope you and the big guy have a great time. Its always nice to see folks spending quality time with the young ones. Hope that little fellow enjoys the game and has a very Happy Birthday.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    @SGH you are a nice guy!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    Looks Great DMW!! That tenderloin(s) ..... wow!
    Enjoy your guys night out tomorrow! Sounds fun.
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @SGH you are a nice guy!

Thank you brother. I try hard to treat every one with respect and kindness. I find that by doing so that it is returned to me in kind. Again thank you my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    Grats , mine was 5 last week we had a nice 2days at Disneyland, just the 2 of us. Good times.
    Seattle, WA
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Very nice! Love to try that with three or four pounded out together for a roulade

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    Happy birthday to the young one and go Phillies! 

Nice cook btw!
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Thanks everyone.

@SGH You're too kind. I'm just trying to replicate what I've seen here on the forum.

And JRW is having a blast. Its his first Major League game.imageimage
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    That's cool.  Thanks for sharing.  Was in Philly visiting two weeks ago visiting friends, Wilmington, DE actually.  Went to the Nutter Museum and John's Roast Pork.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • J_Que
    J_Que Posts: 223
    Options
    Nice! You have to love meat glue. 
    I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975
  • StillSmoken
    StillSmoken Posts: 327
    Options
    Your boy looks pumped! I played ball with Marlon Byrd! The guy in the pic right above your boys head. Good looking tenderloin. I'm going to try some of this meat glue.
    Kennesaw Ga. XL Egg. Cheers, Kevin