Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

I have been searching this site

I know I read a thread on here about pulled pork and serving size. It was a good thread. there was a formula for per person. I cant find it!!!! I searched all sorts of stuff.

Help Please

I should have book marked it

Comments

• tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    try using google. i think most people get better results using google search instead of this site. you can also do a site specific search using google. not sure of the syntax, buy you can google it :)
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 22,972
    2.4 servings per pound of uncooked butt
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 6,191
    I like the search capability on the other forum, first search on 'pulled pork serving size', when the results come back, check mark 'all words' option and search again.
    canuckland
  • JerseyTexJerseyTex Posts: 53

Thanks fishlessman           

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 16,751
    Take # people and divide by 2.4 to get #'s of raw meat to cook.  Round up for some extras and factor in the crowd-college kids, kids etc, also sides. For example 100 people;100/2.4= 42 #'s of pork butts. YMMV-
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  

Hey Canugghead           

What other forum????

Thanks lousubcap 

• SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 9,859
    edited April 2014
    Just to add- the 1/4 per person is based on 1/4 lb per person.  Here are the figures for 1/2, 1/3, 1/4 serving sizes:

Serving Size Divide Number of People by (for Raw weight)
    1/2 lb per person 1.2
    1/3 lb per person 1.8
    1/4 lb per person 2.4

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 8,347
    Always like these rehashed but never boring questions/answers/opinions. 
    I've always used 1/2 pound raw weight per person or each raw pound pound will feed two people. (I actually allow a little more because I work in Kg, 2 people = 500g) The left overs have never been a problem. 
    Delta B.C. - Move over coffee, this is job for alcohol!
    Sorry for the rehash but thanks for the input.
  • odie91odie91 Posts: 451
    tulocay said:
    try using google. i think most people get better results using google search instead of this site. you can also do a site specific search using google. not sure of the syntax, buy you can google it :)
    pulled pork serving size site:eggheadforum.com

Type the above syntax into Google.  I'm sure someone else may know better search functions, but the "site:[name of website]" function works well usually
  • stevesailsstevesails Posts: 990
    3 people per pound worked for me with 100 buns
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 6,191
    JerseyTex said:

Hey Canugghead           

What other forum????

Thanks lousubcap 

http://tinyurl.com/theotherforum
    canuckland