Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Posts held for moderation?

I posted a reply to an OT thread, and didn't notice the little "post held for moderator approval" note that popped up for a moment. So, it appeared as if my post was eaten, so I re-posted... that time, I saw the note, and realized what happened to my "missing" post. 

But, I can't find a way to manage my posts that are held in the moderation queue. It's also really, really easy to miss the moderation warning. I bet I am not the first to double-post. 

I would suggest making the warning much more obvious... a modal dialog, even. 

Also, why the moderation hold in the first place? Is it only for the OT forum, or did I misbehave? *sob*

Comments

• horseflesh
    horseflesh Posts: 206
    (Well, THIS OT post didn't get the warning, and was visible right away.)
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,318
    Personally I have never seen a post "held for approval" make it to a thread and I suspect that is near unanimous.  That's just a programming glitch that surfaces at random intervals.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,936
    Lots of people talking, few of them know... Soul of the forum was created below.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Egglegal_Alien
    Egglegal_Alien Posts: 113
    edited April 2014
    Most of the times posts get held when they contain links, there seems to be no one in charge of checking the submisions... it's automated and posts never get approved.

One way to bypass this is to substitute the "." on the link for the word "dot", you could also try selecting a word and using the "insert hyperlink" button on the bar atop the compose field insted of posting the link straight up.

Cheers!

XL BGE + Large BGE @ Monterrey, Mexico
  • horseflesh
    horseflesh Posts: 206
    Thank you, that makes more sense. I will re-post and obfuscate the links. 

It's a silly rule. 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412

Lots of people talking, few of them know... Soul of the forum was created below.

You hurt and abuse tellin' all of your lies.

=D> \m/ :D
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Jeremiah said:

You hurt and abuse tellin' all of your lies.

=D> \m/ :D
    This must be an OS err because if any posts would've been held for moderation and approval some of my old OT would've qualified. And wouldn't have seen the light of day I'm sure. >:)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    I thought 'held for moderation' meant I couldn't post til I stopped drinking. A safety feature of the forum.
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,936
    Jeremiah said:
    You hurt and abuse tellin' all of your lies. =D> \m/ :D

Was wondering if anyone was gonna catch the reference.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • In my experience this happens when there more than two or three quotes included in a post. Like others have said, they never get posted.

I'm sure that your suggestion has been noted and forwarded to the appropriate person(s). 
    ;)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    When this happens to me. I make just a short post of a few words, then use the edit feature to put in the text I really wanted including any links.  This has always worked for me.  You've got an hour after the post to do any editing.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA