Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I cooked 1,406 chicken halves today

My kids go to a tiny private school here in our little town. We might have 200 students in K3 - 12th grade. Every year we have a chicken q and auction as a fundraiser. This year I was asked to help with the cook. 

My son and I got there at 7AM this morning. Of course we couldn't cook that many chickens on a BGE so we had a nice covered charcoal pit. We were putting 80 chickens on a rack. They were salt and peppered and while they were cooking they were sprayed with a mixture of cooking oil and white vinegar. ( I had never tried that before).

It took us until 2:30 this afternoon to get them all cooked, but we made it. When I got home I was tired, sunburned, and pretty much covered with chicken juice. I jumped in the shower and then asked my wife what we were having for dinner. You will never guess her reply. Well you guys will I am sure.Yep she wanted grilled chicken! 

I will be honest I didn't feel up to another round, but I headed out the to the store and picked up some chicken and lamb chops. I cooked them up on the egg and of course and they were delicious. 

Ribeyes will go on tomorrow.  All in all a tiring but very fun day. My jaw hurts from laughing!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's

Comments